Developed by Sweden-based Digital Illusions, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat features large and detailed environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of the globe's most notorious hot spots, allowing players to engage in multiplayer battles that could be ripped straight from tomorrow's headlines. Battlefield: Modern Combat also includes over 70 state-of-the-art modern weapons and advanced weapon systems, including heat-seeking missiles and laser designated bombs. Additionally, with in-game success, players increase their rank and garner promotions in a persistent online world.
In addition to the single-player mode, new maps and additional features will be added to the game during the extended development period. The decision to add the single-player mode was made in response to consumer feedback.
Featuring both single-player and multi-player modes mean that Battlefield: Modern Combat can be enjoyed by solo players or within an online multiplayer environment that supports up to 24 players. To play online, PlayStation 2 console owners will require a broadband connection, memory card and network adaptor for the PlayStation 2, while Xbox owners will require a subscription to Xbox Live. Voiceover communication is also supported via USB headset. Players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition.
- An all-new story-driven single player mode drops players deep into an action-packed war framed by government-sponsored propaganda forcing gamers to choose sides and decide the outcome.
- More than 10 maps for online multiplayer action for up to 24 players**. Clan support VoIP and a deep stat tracking system help round out one of the deepest online console shooters to date.
- Take control of more than 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, amphibious craft and fast attack vehicles.
- Choose to battle as U.S., European Union, Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- Step into the boots of multiple solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat engineer and Combat Support units.
- Own the battlefield with more than 50 state-of-the-art weapons.
- Complete each unit’s unique “Battlefield Moment” to earn “Battlefield Points” and unlock rewards including upgrades, and promotions.
- Upgrade your unit with new equipment, including thermal vision for the sniper rifle, more destructive mines faster tanks and more.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank through promotions. Go from a private to a general as you lead your unit to victory.
More articles about Battlefield 2: Modern Combat