The King of Fighters 02/03 Combo will be supported by a comprehensive marketing campaign that includes extensive print and online advertising, a multi-faceted public relations outreach including press tours and a New York media kick off event, promotion through SNK arcade units and direct mail, and email to SNK's growing list of fans.
The King of Fighters 2003 marked the beginning of a new epic saga in the KOF series. KOF 2003 also introduced SNK's now popular "Multi-Shift System" which allows for the free substitution of any team member during battle.
KOF 2003 features:
- 8th episode of the franchise
- A total of 35 characters yielding 11 of the most dangerous 2D fighting teams ever assembled plus hidden boss characters.
- Introducing 10 beautifully rendered 3D battle stages
- Features the new "Multi-Shift" system, allowing the free substitution of teammates during battles.
- Select your team leader with the new "Tactical Leader System"
- Learn the combo moves for your favorite fighters and unleash massive attacks
- Xbox Live support featuring head-to-head fighting, Tournament Mode and instant rematch capabilities.
This "Collection of Highlights" brings together famous characters from KOF 1999, 2000, & 2001and the exciting fighting systems which have made The King of Fighters the ultimate in 2D fighting. All of the great fighting teams are included, like the Fatal Fury Team featuring Terry and Andy Bogard, or the beautiful Mai from the Woman Fighters Team, and many more.
KOF 2002 features:
- A total of 44 characters from KOF 96 through KOF 2001 available for the first time in one arena
- Thirteen extreme 2D fighting teams with 5 bonus characters
- Revives the extremely popular 3 on 3 battle format
- Upgraded Max-On Power System
- Over-the-top Super Special Moves to cause extreme damage
- Xbox Live head-to-head fighting