Neuro takes place in the fourth century of the Space Era, which will begin when humanity discovers hyperdrive engines. Neuro's unique gameplay feature is psi-abilities of the protagonist which broaden the standard weapons arsenal found in modern shooters. Psi-fighters are the elite military units of the future; they are tasked with the most important missions, which are too dangerous for ordinary people.
Main features of Meqon’s engine incarnated in Nero are following:
- Interactive environment. Character is realistically interacting with objects and environments;
- “Rag-doll” technology simulates the behavior of dead bodies, thus they are adequately reacting on external effects: they bend, scatteraround by explosions, slip down the walls;
- Smoke and particle effects realistically interact with the environment;
- Interactive environment and gameplay are going side by side: player can utilize every means to achieve the goal – destroy objects, makebarricades, throw heavy objects at adversaries;
- High output of Meqon Physics allows to “enliven” almost all objects in game.
Revolt Games are very pleased with reached agreement with Meqon and incarnating of this technology in game. “Nero's environment can hardly bewithout realistic physics. We work hard to prepare this FPS and we consider that the environment is main part of our the game," comments the situation project leader Sergey Smirnov.
More articles about Neuro