"Our goal with Advent Rising was to not only to create unique game play, but develop an entire universe in which players could completely immerse themselves," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "Advent Rising's stylistic approach to graphics and game play, coupled with the tremendous literary vision of Orson Scott Card will captivate the mind and emotions of the player, while launching them into an exciting new gaming adventure."
"What I found most interesting about collaborating with Majesco and GlyphX Games on Advent Rising was their sincere desire to create a game in which the story served as the springboard for all the other elements," added Orson Scott Card. "Creating an engrossing story is paramount in establishing credibility with players and allows them to connect with what's happening on screen for a much more meaningful experience."
In Advent Rising, a common legend pervades the galaxy -- that of a powerful, ancient race that will one day unite the universe. Millions of cultures from vastly distant worlds revere and hallow these mythological beings known as Humans. One race, the Seekers, know Humans actually exist and are threatened by their potential power. Under the guise of benevolent explorers, the Seekers travel throughout the galaxy in a desperate attempt to eradicate any Human society they unearth.
Players assume the role of Gideon Wyeth, a remnant of the last human outpost, on the brink of discovering the incredible powers that lay dormant within him. It is these powers the Seekers are so desperate to suppress.
Exciting features in Advent Rising include:
- Single-player action allows gamers to continue playing through the thrilling cut-scenes rather than just watch them thus keeping them completely immersed in the world;
- Innovative game design allows players to make decisions that effect the outcome of their individual game play experience;
- Wield an arsenal of awesome weapons, all with unique alternate fire abilities, and develop amazing superhuman powers including energy blasts, levitation and energy shields;
- Intense vehicular combat allows players to fly, drive and battle with a variety of vehicles;
- Players can easily switch from third to first-person point-of-view;
- Originally composed soundtrack performed by award-winning 70-piece Hollywood orchestra and members of a legendary tabernacle choir. Live orchestral and vocal elements are utilized to create a variety of musical themes played throughout the game;
- Built using Unreal technology, integrated with the Karma physics engine;
- Unique cut-scene management feature allows players to pause, skip, or replay cinematic sequences;
- Dolby Digital 5.1 support;
Already available for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Advent Rising for the PC is available for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Also available is the official Advent Rising Soundtrack from Sumthing Distribution at: http://www.sumthing.com.
More articles about Advent Rising