All new campaigns and operations for at least 100 new battles, plus over 50 new modder maps, make for an entirely fresh exercise in tactical gaming. Created by Eric Young, of DAS Entertainment, designer of such war game classics as the "Close Combat" series and the "V for Victory" series, "Squad Assault: Second Wave" continues the quality tradition when it lands in retail stores across North America on September 3, 2005. "Squad Assault: Second Wave" will retail for $29.99 (USD) and is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB for Blood and Violence.
Once the battle starts, the soldiers you command respond with real reactions to the combat situations around them. Detailed models for all major armies that fought in France in 1944, including American, German, British, Canadian, and Free French, combine with unsurpassed detail in terrain, weather, weapons, vehicles, and armor penetration to make "Squad Assault: Second Wave" a first-rate military strategy game.
Notable stats and features of "Squad Assault: Second Wave" include:
- Multi-player options for head to head play via TCP/IP /LAN
- 57 total single mission scenarios (historical and hypothetical) plus scenario editor
- 26 operations and 6 dynamic campaigns for long replayability
- Company level tactical setting with emphasis on small unit tactics in a complete 3D world that reflects damage
- User defined auto-pause feature for order entry and battlefield assessment for those who prefer traditional turn-oriented play and a more thoughtful game
- Full 2D maps available at a keystroke to make battle overview simple and easy to view
- Easy to use mod-installer for mod swaps with just a mouse click plus more than 50 superior quality modder-made maps
For more information, visit www.SA2ndwave.com.
More articles about Squad Assault: Second Wave