In Darkness Rising, an evil uprising threatens the land and the mightiest heroes in the Realms are called into service. For the first time in Dark Age of Camelot, players will be able to earn the right to be called a Champion of the Realm. Players become Champions by exploring new zones and revisiting altered lands while investigating the mysterious uprising to discover its sinister underpinnings. By performing this service for their Realm, players achieve new levels of advancement and gain the ability to wield class-specific Champion Weapons. Darkness Rising also introduces majestic player-controlled horses and other more fantastic steeds which can be ridden into conflict in the war between the Realms.
Champion of the Realm Details:
- Champion Weapons are available for all Champions of the Realms. Each class in the game has their own specific weapon, uniquely tailored to that profession.
- Advanced mounts are available to Champions of level 45 and above. Mounts include Nightmare, Unicorn, Warhorse, and the * Undead Phantom steed, among others. Advanced mounts can be used in PvE and in Realm vs. RealmTM zones, given a unique name, and customized by adding saddlebags, armor, and barding.
- Champion Levels allow players to gain new skills and learn abilities from other classes ("sub-classing") - for example, a fighter can learn mage spells by sub-classing.
- The Darkness Rising expansion pack will be available in North America for $19.99 via digital download this October directly from Mythic Entertainment. Darkness Rising requires the original Dark Age of Camelot and Catacombs expansion pack to play.
New Details on Champion Levels:
Become one of the chosen champions of your Realm as you prove your mettle, skill and spirit to your King and fellow Realm mates. The King shall grant rare boons and bestowments as a reward for faithful service to your Realm. The more status you obtain within the ranks of the elite champions of the Realm, the more coveted and potent the equipment and tools you’ll receive.
- Once you achieve level 50, you may speak to the King and begin the process of gaining XP towards Champion Levels.
- Upon completing the XP requirements for each Champion Level, players return to the King to receive their reward and their Champion Skill points.
- Experience is gained through RvR and PvE content, as well as through the completion of the Champion’s Quest.
- Champion Levels provide additional hit points, additional power points, Champion Skill points, access to the King’s Magery, and increased customization of mounts.
New Details on Champion Weapons:
The reward for completing the Champion quest is a fully powered, class-specific Champion Weapon. Champion weapons can also be earned by Lvl 50 characters through RvR combat.
- Champion Weapons are as powerful as the best weapons in the game with unique class-specific abilities.
- They will not lose durability, only condition (which can be repaired).
- They may be traded in for a different weapon type should the player respecialize their skills
- Weapons can be tinted by players.
Sub-Classing Advancement Skill System Details:
- By using Champion Skill Points, players can purchase Sub-class abilities and spells to gain additional, low level abilities for other classes. This will allow, for example, a Midgard Champion Warrior to learn a healing spell, a damage spell, or debuff. An Eldritch from Hibernia may choose to wield a blade and acquire a buff or two.
Darkness Rising begins a new chapter in the epic saga of Dark Age of Camelot. Years of strife and conflict have taken their toll upon the peoples of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. Increasing occurrences of rebel uprisings threaten to plunge the Realms into turmoil and chaos, and in this desperate hour, a call for help has gone out. Only a true champion of the Realm can stem the tides of revolt and save their Realm from destruction from within. Answering this call, the player must embark on a quest to crush the rebels seeking to depose the Realm's self-anointed ruler. However, all is not as it seems. Behind the uprisings, dark powers are seeking to exploit the three Realms during their time of need. From the halls of the infamous dungeon, Darkness Falls, these sinister forces are massing a mighty invasion force to subjugate all the Realms and establish a nightmarish new order on Earth. New foes have emerged to challenge the might of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. A new darkness is rising in the lands. The courage and might of a champion is all that stands between the forces of evil and total domination.
Darkness Rising will be available in North America for $19.99 via digital download this October directly from Mythic Entertainment. Darkness Rising requires the original Dark Age of Camelot and the Catacombs expansion pack to play.
More articles about Dark Age of Camelot: Darkness Rising