With a slew of playable characters and allies to call in for aid, players can use all methods of fighting in fully interactive environments that have been meticulously recreated from the popular TV series on 4Kids Entertainment’s 4Kids TV and Cartoon Network.
“As the first official US debut title of the series, we give fans all of the excitement and adventure found in the ‘One Piece’ world,” said Sammy Matsushima, Co-Producer of Bandai Games Inc. “Fans will be captivated by the comical personalities, original fighting styles, and voices of their favorite characters taken straight from the anime. We have perfectly entwined the outrageous combat with the ‘One Piece’ pirate life to create a true ‘Grand Battle.’”
Hardy marines and vicious rival pirates are out to stop the rubber limbed Monkey D. Luffy and his pirate crew in “One Piece: Grand Battle.” Stretch, slice, blast and even toss items to defeat the toughest that East Blue Sea has to offer. Contend with enemies in 3D battlegrounds that include interactive in-game obstructions such as destructible pillars, uneven terrain, and even charging cows. Featuring 16 original characters each with 20 fighting moves and special attacks, players can fight their way through the Grand Battle mode to uncover power-ups, collectible items and unlock secret characters. When dueling with a friend in head-to-head battles, players can utilize the game’s 32 supporting characters to unleash devastating combo attacks for unrivaled arena combat.
Features for “One Piece: Grand Battle” include:
- 16 playable pirates with 32 additional support characters from the TV show
- Six game play modes including Grand Battle and two-player Versus Mode.
- Interactive 3D environments: pick up objects and use them to attack your opponents
- Seven environments in which to battle your opponents, all including different environment specific obstructions.
- More than 20 regular moves, as well as special attacks and ultimate attacks
- Unlockable hidden features such as additional characters, items, costumes and mini-games.
- Collectible special items to boost your powers or increase your skills.
4Kids Entertainment and Toei Animation recently awarded Mattel rights to create a full range of One Piece toys including action figures, play sets, role-play items, and games and puzzles. The initial launch of One Piece toys is anticipated to be available at retail in the United States and Canada by December 2005.
More articles about One Piece: Grand Battle