- POWERFUL CIVILIZATIONS. Choose from four of the ancient world's mightiest empires: Persia, Greece, Egypt or Rome.
- REALISTIC UNITS AND WEAPONS. Enlist more than 80 unique units, including footmen, archers, cavalry, siege and massive triremes. Use realistically-scaled siege towers, ladders, and battering rams to annihilate city defenses and clear the way for ground forces.
- NAVAL COMBAT. For the first time ever in an RTS game, naval combat will play a large and vital role. Fight for control of the seas by boarding and ramming enemy naval vessels using massive, accurately-scaled warships. Outfit warships with infantry, archers, ballistae, or catapults, depending on the player's strategic objectives.
- HERO MODE. Engage in awe-inspiring feats of heroism by joining troops during climactic battles (from a third-person perspective) and personally impact the outcome. Control one of eight unique Heroes including Julius Caesar, Germanicus Caesar, Cleopatra, Ramses the Great, Achilles and Alexander the Great, each with special abilities and weapons.
- IMPROVE CIVILIZATIONS. Recruit craftsman, scientists, artisans, and advisors who will help enhance civilizations both militarily and economically. Capture new territories and establish outposts to increase your recruiting ability and train new formations of soldiers rapidly.
- TITAN 2.0. The Titan 2.0 engine is the industry's leading next-generation 3D engine designed specifically for RTS games. Titan 2.0 features dynamic lights and selfshadowing, a powerful particle engine, realistic terrain and water, and the ability to render thousands of units at once.
- MULTIPLAYER. Up to 8 players will battle it out across numerous multiplayer game types, including a team-based mode where one player manages resources while the other unleashes the full power of Hero mode against the enemy team.
More articles about Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War