"GripShift is one of the most innovative videogames for the PSP system available this holiday season," said Chris Sturr, senior brand manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "Combining various elements of platform, puzzle, and driving action in a unique gaming experience, GripShift offers gamers pedal-to-the-metal driving action, unique puzzle-solving challenges, wireless multiplayer features, and off-the-wall bonus games geared for hours of fun."
Developed by Sidhe Interactive and co-published by Red Mile Entertainment, players in GripShift will race as one of six unique characters in suped-up vehicles as they stunt their way through insane twisting levels while collecting power-ups, avoiding traps, beating the clock and challenging friends.
"Red Mile Entertainment is thrilled to release its first PSP system title with Sony Online Entertainment," said Chester Aldridge, chief executive officer, Red Mile Entertainment. "GripShift is a unique combination of game genres that creates a one-of-a-kind handheld experience. It's a terrific title that will appeal to a wide range of gamers."
Featuring enhanced aerial physics with an intuitive control system, players will perform awesome aerial jumps for massive hang time in puzzle-like driving challenges with multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps and power ups. Compete in single-player race mode against the CPU, or enjoy the action with your friends in head-to-head wireless multiplayer mode. Create and design custom levels to share with your friends, or play one of the eight bonus games for outrageous fun. It's an original break-thru combination of stunt driving, platform action and puzzle solving, designed exclusively for the PSP system.
- Original Combination of Genres: Stunt Driving, Platform-Action and Puzzle Solving genres combined offer the ultimate on-the-go driving experience.
- Vibrant 3D Environments: Stunt through more than 100 diverse levels in 4 themed worlds (Desert, Jungle, Ice and Horror) that come alive with brilliant 3D graphics, stunning lighting and dynamic visual effects.
- Puzzle-like Challenges: Multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps, ramps, power-ups and dangers to avoid will challenge the most skilled drivers.
- Exciting Race Mode: Additional racing circuits provide action for players to race against the CPU or other drivers.
- 8 Bonus Games: Penguin Bowling, Bomb Pool, Soccer Crazy, Snaker, Ice Hockey and more offer new challenges for you to conquer solo or with up to 3 of your friends.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay: Single player or multiplayer action for up to 4 players through the PSP system's wireless feature.
- Customizable Levels: Create custom levels with the in-game Track Editor and share them wirelessly with friends.
- Six Playable Characters: Play as one of 6 playable characters and customize your vehicles for a unique look.
- Intuitive control system: Optimized gameplay and aerial physics allow for awesome jumps with massive hang-time.
GripShift is rated E for Everyone (with Comic Mischief) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, and has a suggested retail price of $39.99.
More articles about GripShift