Dragonshard is a real-time strategy game based on the exciting new Dungeons & Dragons universe, Eberron, a cinematic and war-torn world of action, adventure and intrigue where fantasy meets magical technology. Developed by Liquid Entertainment, Dragonshard incorporates classic role-playing themes, a powerful and dynamic real-time strategy engine all woven together with a rich storyline involving a global conflict for an immensely powerful artefact with the power to change the fate of Eberron itself.
"We are excited to offer the first modern real-time strategy game based on Eberron, the newest Dungeons & Dragons universe," said Marc Metis, Senior Vice President, Marketing for Atari. "Dragonshard fuses innovative game design with an incredible fantasy world."
Dragonshard takes place at time when the world of Eberron is in chaos. Three forces are vying for control of a massive dragonshard, known as the Heart of Siberys. The ancient artifact has come to rest in a mystical part of Eberron known as Xen'drik, which was once home to ancient and powerful civilizations. The civilization has fallen and is now shrouded in mystery, and filled with classic D&D® monsters such as dragons, beholders, bugbears, trolls, and zombies.
Using magic, weaponry and skilled maneuvers, players command armies from varying races to control, protect -- or destroy -- the powerful Heart of Siberys. Obtaining this omnipotent artifact will unleash its full forces, good or evil, upon the entire world. Dragonshard's unique dual-layer play feature allows gamers to seamlessly participate in two distinct styles of gameplay: above ground where massive battles reign supreme, and the underground where parties crawl through dungeons in search of treasure and more.
Each of the three warring factions in Dragonshard has its own role to play in the overall story of the game. One force is looking to free the power within the ancient shard and use it to further its own self-righteous cause – it is The Order of the Silver Flame. A second faction has been expelled from its ancestral homes and has come seeking a dark tool for revenge – these are the Umbragen. The third force in Dragonshard remains veiled and mysterious, its intentions unknown.
- Dragonshard is the first game ever set in the highly-anticipated D&D world of Eberron and the first modern real-time strategy game based on the D&D universe;
- Dual Layer Play allows gamers to seamlessly participate in two distinct styles of gameplay – the above ground where massive battles reign supreme and the underground where parties crawl through dungeons in search of treasure and more;
- Fully-realized RPG advancement system for units based on the popular D&D rule set. Teach your rogues to spot traps in the underground or your clerics to heal your armies in the above ground;
- Classic D&D monsters straight out of the Monster Manual, including dragons, beholders, bugbears, trolls, zombies and more;
- Story developed by the creator of Eberron, Keith Baker;
- Robust single-player campaign and extensive multiplayer experience.
Rated 'T' for Teen, Dragonshard is available for Windows at a suggested retail price of $49.99.
For additional information, screen shots, and videos visit the official Dragonshard website.
More articles about Dragonshard