"The launch of Far Cry Instincts kicks off what we believe will be one of the best new franchises for the console market," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, one of the industry's most creative talent forces, Far Cry Instincts will push the boundaries of innovation and success our award-winning studio is known for."
Just as Far Cry redefined the first-person shooter genre for the PC, Far Cry Instincts will take things even further with its wide open environments and unique immersive gameplay elements. Developed by Ubisoft's renowned Montreal studio, Far Cry Instincts takes the PC version's signature locations and unprecedented view-distance, and combines them with improved gameplay scenarios that will challenge players to utilize an even broader range of strategies and survival tactics to uncover the many secrets within the beautiful but deadly islands. Game features include:
- It's open season in a 100 percent open environment: Do whatever it takes to exterminate the mercenaries in any situation. Take cover in the undergrowth, set traps, kill by stealth, battle from extreme long range and gun-mounted vehicles, and fight in close quarters or through the wilds of the island.
- A real arsenal: Plunder an arsenal of responsive, realistic weapons and vehicles including ATVs, gunboats, hang gliders and much more. Turn the mercenaries' stockpile into the instruments of their own destruction.
- Unleash your predatory skills: Survive the furious and inhospitable wilderness by unveiling your true nature: develop your vision, track the enemy's scent and become faster and stronger.
- F.A.R. AI: Outsmart the mercenaries' complex Full Action Response AI. Snipers, stalkers, scouts and grenadiers react to your tactics with coordinated strikes from all angles, distances and terrains.
- Create your own shooter's paradise: The battle continues with deep multiplayer and level editor features. Build custom maps in real time, upload them via Xbox LiveÂ® and stage ultimate deathmatches against your friends.
Far Cry Instincts has an ESRB rating of "M" for Mature and a MSRP of $49.99.
More articles about Far Cry Instincts