"Lunar: Dragon Song is the first original game from the Lunar franchise in over a decade and the first traditional fantasy RPG for the Nintendo DS," says Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "These are two incredible milestones, and Ubisoft is excited to bring the highly anticipated and latest installment of the much-loved series to the Lunar fans."
Lunar: Dragon Song takes players to 1,000 years before the events that occurred in the first game of the Lunar series, Lunar: The Silver Star. The world of Lunar is at peace under the protection of the goddess Althena, creator of Lunar. At the fringes of this peaceful existence, vicious demons have started to slowly invade, and there are few with power enough to know how to deal with this demon invasion. Players experience the world of Lunar as the human boy Jian and his group of friends. Jianâ's story begins simply but quickly evolves as he and his friends unravel the evil plot being laid against Althena and discover that they alone can save Lunar from the forces of evil.
- Lunar: Dragon Song, the first original game in the Lunar series in 10 years, will only be available on Nintendo DS.
- Marks the first entry in the traditional fantasy RPG category for Nintendo DS.
- Players must battle the forces of evil by transforming Dark enemy creatures into Beings of Light.
- Five new main characters debut in the Lunar universe: Jian, Gabryel, Lucia, Flora and Rufus.
- Find different Battle Cards during your quest to alter the abilities and powers of members in your party.
- Lunar: Dragon Song features all-new items and weapons never seen before in any Lunar title.
- By connecting via wireless LAN, players can share rare and unique items within the Lunar world.
- Players can command situations by giving orders into the DS microphone.
Lunar: Dragon Song is developed by Japan Art Media (JAM), in conjunction with Game Arts, and ships with an ESRB rating of E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) and a suggested retail price of $29.99.
For more information, please visit www.lunardragonsong.com.