Ante up with World Championship Poker 2: Featuring Howard Lederer! WCP2, the sequel to the best-selling World Championship Poker, will put players at the high stakes table, bluffing and trying to steal the pot from some of the world’s toughest professional poker players, including Howard Lederer, Annie Duke and more!
Born in Concord, New Hampshire, she began playing poker at age 22 and left the University of Pennsylvania to play poker. She learned the game from her brother Howard Lederer - who she considers one of her most respected players along with Ted Forrest, Jennifer Harman, and Eric Seidel. She plays in a many of the higher-limit tournaments and cash games in Las Vegas.
Annie's sister, Katy Lederer, recently wrote a memoir titled Pokerface which talks about Annie's poker family. Annie works with UltimateBet.com, where she promotes the site and writes articles on poker. Annie is considered by most to be the best female poker player in the world and she regularly proves that women can excel in poker, which has traditionally been dominated by males. She is the top female World Series of Poker money winner in history and will always be remembered when she finished in 10th place at the WSOP when she was eight months pregnant.
- More poker -- 14 different varieties of poker, ranging from Texas Hold 'em and Five-Card Stud to Deuce-to-Seven Triple Draw and Razz: Ace to Five.
- More gameplay -- Active tell and bluff system, RPG-like upgradeable skill system and character outfitting
- Play with the pros- In-game character likenesses, play styles and iconic signature personality traits of eight of the world’s best professional poker professionals, including Howard Lederer, Annie Duke, Greg Raymer, Amir Vahedi, Paul Darden, Clonie Gowen, Robert Williamson III and featuring announcing by Matt Savage.
- Hip new look- More “Rat Pack” era themed shell and HUD, more realistic looking characters and advanced animation system with something moving on the screen at all times
- Broader audience appeal- With the choice of “Real Deal” simulation or “Power Play” arcade modes, WCP2 appeals to experience poker players as well as casual console gamers
- Eye-Toy support for the PlayStation®2
More articles about World Championship Poker 2