Winning Eleven 9 will feature full team rosters and official kits for all clubs playing in the Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga and Dutch Eredivisie leagues, and also some of the world's biggest clubs from famous European leagues. New additions include English champions Chelsea and runners-up Arsenal, while the ‘Old Firm' Scottish clubs of Rangers and Celtic will also be included. Norwegian Champions Rosenburg will also be joined by Portuguese giants FC Porto, Turkey's Galatasaray SK, Denmark's FC Kopenhagen, Ukraine's Dynamo Kiev, and Djurgarden from Sweden.
Players will also be able to compete on a more global level with the game's new Online Mode. With this option, players from around the country can go head-to-head, using Master League teams if they choose. Online players can even qualify and play in tournaments they put together themselves.
Additionally, this year's version includes the genre's most detailed Master League and a variety of other modes that are certain to thrill even the most discriminating soccer fans. Winning Eleven's already-deep Master League mode has been tweaked, primarily when it comes to player conditioning. A new training system adds more depth while player development has more variation than ever before, giving virtual managers more ways to build their team for success.
Taking the Winning Eleven franchise to legendary status will be a series of all-new features including additional formations to be employed on the pitch - such as "Wing Back" and "Second Striker." Through the use of all-new motion capture, Winning Eleven 9 will also boast new player motions that will imitate the moves and look of the players down to the smallest detail. Additionally, those who have mastered the previous versions' harsh weather including rain and scorching heat, will have an all-new obstacle from Mother Nature to overcome: snow. In the freezing cold, players can actually see their breath as they fight conditions down the frozen field.
- Create your team and compete online with divisional ranking system on Xbox and PlayStation2
- Control the action with brand new animation, player training, and soccer formations
- Play in new leagues with new clubs including Chelsea and Arsenal added to an already robust lineup
- Recruit from thousands of the world’s top pro players
- Negotiate with players as they develop, grow old and retire in the multi-season Master League mode
- Use Memorial Match Mode to save VS. Mode results for up to 20 different individuals
- Connect your PlayStation 2 and PSP games to trade game information