“The Mega Man X series combined top-notch play control and invigorating gameplay experiences that helped define the platform genre,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “By introducing innovative ways to experience the original classic, both new and veteran gamers can enjoy side scrolling action at its best.”
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is a remake of the original Mega Man X title for the PSP system. The game builds upon the Mega Man engine and adds new characters, environments and gameplay features to raise the bar for side-scrolling platforms. As with previous Mega Man titles, a stage select system lets players tackle levels in any order and replay them limitless times. By defeating bosses, X acquires weapons which can be used to unlock new paths through other stages. Armor parts are also hidden throughout the game and provide players with abilities that can be used to access additional areas and items. With combinations of jumps, dodges, wall jumps and a high speed dash ability, the action reaches frantic heights which theX series has become known for.
The year is 21XX. A mysterious robot named X has been used as the model from which more robots called Reploids were created with the purpose of aiding mankind. Unfortunately, some of the Reploids turned against the humans, becoming Mavericks. An elite squad of Reploids was formed to combat the Mavericks and thusly named Maverick Hunters. Calm was restored until one of the Maverick Hunters, a powerful Reploid named Sigma, turned against the peacekeepers. Now X and his fellow Maverick Hunter friend, Zero, must prevent Sigma from executing his evil plans to destroy humanity.
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X features:
- New graphics – all characters are newly renderedas 3D models amidst vividly updated environments
- Retooled gameplay features add to the virtual make over for the game
- Entirely rearranged background music and sound effects
- Complete voice acting for all cut scenes provides an immersive gameplay experience
- All new cut scenes precede boss battles
- Modified level arrangements – item locations, map layout and strategies for completing levels have been updated, offering a new challenge for even veteran gamers
- New gameplay scenario
- Upon beating the main game, a whole new story is unlocked where players take on the role of X's arch rival, Vile
- Play style focuses more on offensive combat action, with an emphasis on technical maneuvers and advanced moves for a hard hitting, intense experience
- Special animated movie offers deep perspective into the Mega Man X world
- Movie unlocks after completion of main story mode
- Get a peek at events that unfolded before the plotline of the first Mega Man X game
- ain valuable insight into the motives of enemies and allies, even learning Sigma's reasons for starting his rebellion movement
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is now available at retailers across North America and carries on “E10+”rating for everyone 10 and older by the ESRB.
More articles about Mega Man Maverick Hunter X