Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, winner of multiple E3 awards as the best game in its genre, is the continuation of a saga that began in the award-winning The Longest Journey, considered to be one of the finest adventure games ever made. In Dreamfall, players are taken on an epic journey of exploration and adventure as they venture through a thrilling and emotional storyline. Dreamfall features a fully interactive world where beautiful music, stunning graphics, fascinating characters and unparalleled gameplay variety promises to bring the adventure genre into a new era. The game is to be released for Xbox and Windows in spring 2006.
"Aspyr's enthusiasm and dedication to the game combined with their historic focus on quality made them a perfect partner for Funcom when it came to Dreamfall, and we feel certain we have found a publishing partner which will aid us in greatly expanding our sales reach in USA and Canada," said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. "We firmly believe that gamers are craving fantastic stories in games. The amazing feedback we have received on Dreamfall so far shows that it's one of the most anticipated adventure games in years, and we truly look forward to delivering the entire journey this spring."
"The first time we saw Dreamfall, we were captivated by the art direction, pulled in by the gripping storyline, and impressed by its sophisticated gameplay variety" said Michael Rogers, president of Aspyr Media. "There is nothing like it in the market place. It is the next generation of adventure games."
In The Longest Journey players took on the role of April Ryan, an 18-year-old girl whose destiny was foretold in the prophecies. Having to save the balance between the twin worlds of science and magic, April`s journey took the genre by storm and redefined what an adventure game could be. In Dreamfall, which takes place a decade after The Longest Journey, players can finally revisit the epic universe. Not only will those who enjoyed the first game find out what really happened to April, new players can start afresh by following the new protagonist, Zoë Castillo, as she becomes involved in a conspiracy threatening the very future of mankind.
Dreamfall has already received numerous awards including "Best Adventure Game of E3" from Gamespot.com, Gamespy.com and IGN.com. More information about the game can be found on the official website www.dreamfall.com.
Key Game Features
- Unparalleled Gameplay Variety — Never before has an adventure game brought this much gameplay variety! Use your brains or your brawn; sneak, fight or talk your way through the many challenges the game offers. Be polite or rude, threaten or sweet talk; in Dreamfall you make the choice, resulting in a game where you never quite know what to expect next.
- Three Playable Characters – Experience the story from three separate perspectives, and learn how their destinies blend together in an epic finale. Each character has unique abilities and world views, giving you constant gameplay variations.
- Three Worlds - Dreamfall spans three beautifully realized worlds, multiple chapters and a stunning amount of detailed locations. Travel across a futuristic version of our earth, journey into a magical fantasy realm and unravel the mysteries of the world of dreams.
- Unique World Interaction – Dreamfall introduces the brand new focus field feature which bridges the gap between the classic point and click adventure game, where you could click on any given point at the screen, and the action adventure, where you need to move up to an object to interact with it. In this easy-to-use context-sensitive interface you can scan your entire visible environment as seen by the characters, and use it to get information on far away objects as well as triggering remote gameplay opportunities.
- Mature "Thriller"-type Storyline – Dreamfall delivers a mature and compelling storyline that mixes the futuristic, fantastic and spiritual with a tale of murder, deceit and a conspiracy threatening our very existence. Bringing the classic adventure game into the world of the modern action game, Dreamfall delivers a rare and special story experience.
- Stunning Sounds and Soundtrack: Listen to an emotional and epic soundtrack in 7.1 surround. Hear gripping voices as recorded by more than 50 professional actors, and enjoy soundscapes bringing players to the edge of their seats
- A game for everyone: With its cinematic approach, believable characters, mature storyline and easy-to- grasp interface, Dreamfall is a game that anyone interested in games can pick up and enjoy, regardless of their gaming background.
More articles about Dreamfall: The Longest Journey