Boasting the complete WTCC championship season of 2006, all the cars, drivers and locations, and a variety of difficulty levels to attract every gamer from hardcore simulation gamers to beginners.
Jacques Behar, President of KSO and Managing Director of Eurosport: "As promoter and host broadcaster of the FIA WTCC, we will be delighted to use all our resources to promote RACE as a new marketing tool, in close collaboration with Simbin and Eidos".
Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin: "I’m very excited about this cooperation and I am really proud to be able to work with Eidos, one of the leading videogame publishers in the World."
With over 60 different and accurately modelled cars and 10 officially licensed tracks from four continents, the game features a highly detailed damage system, realistic AI opponents with sprint race attitude, dynamic weather effects, real world driver involvement and support for up to 26 players online.
- Recreating the WTCC races in a realistic way goes all the way to the two-race format of the real race weekends. This applies all through the game from quick race to race weekend.
The top eight finishers in the first race will switch places on the grid for the second race and the winner of the race session is the player who gathers the most combined points in the both races.
- With race sessions of only 2 X 20 minutes a lot of action is guaranteed, in this time all the competitors needs to fight their way to the podium and the AI is tough with a capital T.
- All cars are destructible in a highly realistic manner and will bend, crumble and break just like the real life counterparts. Loose parts such as wheels or body parts flying around can and will be damaging other cars on the track so you got to stay sharp when driving.
- Superb online with up to 26 players online, online touringcar racing has never been this good, upload your various game results to the global rankings and stay “King of the hill”.
- A close cooperation with Eurosport will assure that TV viewers of WTCC broadcasts will recognize themselves in the game and vice versa, but in this case as the star of the show, watch the replays in the game and see YOUR name on virtual Eurosport.
- First time in a SimBin title, RACE visually and through sounds simulates dirt, rubber and insects hitting the window of the car during a race. Luckily with fully functioning window wipers you can sweep away both rain and insects and will once again have a clear cockpit view. Stone chips can damage your windshield and decrease visibility as well.
- The weather will dynamically change during the race, creating exiting racing.
A very close collaboration with the organisation, car manufacturers, teams and drivers involved in the WTCC have provided SimBin with all the invaluable assets to make this production feasible. This covers all the data needed to be able to recreate the championship down to the smallest details on the cars, tracks and teams.
RACE – The Official WTCC Game will be released on November 24th across all European territories on PC.