SEGA is proud to announce the start of the Open Beta for Xbox 360! This will be the first chance to play the newest addition to the long running Phantasy Star series. The Beta test period is expected to run until October 18th and will allow participants to play through a portion of the online game. We encourage users interested in the Multiplayer aspects of Phantasy Star Universe to check out all there is to see in the Beta environment!
Getting started is extremely easy! If you want to participate you must have an active Xbox Live Gold account. The Beta will be available for everyone download on the Xbox Marketplace for two days after release! We anticipate that the Beta will be available very, very soon, so keep your eyes on Marketplace for the download! Once you have the beta downloaded, you'll be able to play immediately! Once online, we highly recommend the following activities to get the most out of this Open Beta period:
- Create Your Character - Construct the perfect avatar with the robust Character Creation tool that enables players to change their character's body shape and dimensions, hairstyle and color, facial structure and features, and more!
- Meet New People - Head out to the lobby and meet new people! Visit various shops for weapons, clothing and other items and then join or create a squad to embark on missions with new friends.
- Explore the Universe - With three expansive planets to explore, discover the adventures that lie ahead on Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob.
- My Room - Create your personal online space by adding items and elements from your adventures, and decorating your My Room with various themes and wallpaper. In here, your Partner Machinery is able to create new weapons and items for you to use in battle, trade with friends, or sell for a profit. Players can also exchange Partner Cards and visit friends in their My Room!
- Customize Your Look - Head to one of the various Clothing or Parts shops located across the Universe and outfit your character with the newest styles.
- Try Different Job Types - Speak to the Guardian Representative located on the fifth floor of the Guardian's Colony to freely change between the three class types: Hunter, Ranger, and Force.
- Create and Sell Items - Craft items from the base materials you find during your adventures using your Partner Machinery. You can even sell these items within player-run Shops!
The Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 Open Beta will be uploaded to Xbox Live Marketplace this weekend, so get ready to download and play with your friends! In order to give more people the opportunity to enjoy this exclusive free beta, with extended uninterrupted weekend play, the multiplayer open beta will be available for download for two days only, and will be playable through to Oct. 18.
More articles about Phantasy Star Universe