Bulcsu Varhegyi of Hussar Games said, “Working with Matrix Games presents many opportunities to improve our games and continue to provide excellent service to our fans; and creating the best product for our fans has always been our emphasis.”
David Heath, CEO of Matrix Games said, “We’re very pleased to have the opportunity to work with Mr. Varhegyi and Hussar Games, they are a welcome addition to our family.”
Each campaign has a unique soundtrack, accurate map covering over 3,000 hexes each, and accurate units for each side and time period. There are 8 total campaigns, 4 for each theatre of revolution. At the strategic level manage resources such as recruits, horses, muskets, cannons, money, and supply. Use influence to affect political decisions. Command four hundred historic leaders and give strategic orders to troops such as siege, defend, attack, retreat, and rest.
In the tactical level, fight battles on randomly generated maps, giving a new tactical situation each time you play. Command 16 different large size 3D unit types from 5 countries, each with authentic uniforms. Units may adopt several stances in combat, including line, column, and skirmish.
In For Liberty! there are many realism factors that bring out the best of revolutionary combat. Morale plays a major role in combat, and no soldier will fight to the last man. Break the opposition’s morale and drive them from the field of combat. Also there are plenty of random events, such as pirates, betrayal, epidemics, fires, and much more. To top it all off, a full campaign editor will be included along with a special bonus USA scenario.
- Turn based gameplay both on the Strategic and Tactical level
- Two theatres of operation: East Coast of North America and the Carpathian Basin in Central Europe.
- Two large maps, each over 3000 hexes in size
- Tactical Battle System that allows "Quick Battle" generation and maps
- Over 20 minutes of period music for each theater
- Management of 6 key resources: recruits, horses, muskets, cannons, money and supply.
- Influence points can be used to affect political decisions.
- 400 different historical leaders
- Each leader can have up to 3 different special abilities out of 16 including the of Melee Specialist, Engineer, Fort Specialist, Grenadier and Maneuver
- 16 type of units, eg: dragoon, infantry, rifleman, militia, Indians, hussars, grenadier and heavy artillery
- 3D rendered maps and units
- 8 campaigns, 4 for each theater
- 3 kinds of multiplayer support: HotSeat, PBEM and LAN (TCP/IP).
- 3 difficulty settings
- 7 different unit stances on the strategic map: defense, attack, rest, siege, retreat, routed and training
- 4 kinds of unit formations on the tactical map: skirmish, column, line and routed
- Simple Ruleset for new players and Advanced Ruleset for veterans
- Realistic depiction of battles and campaigns, units will not fight to the last man, you win battles by routing the enemy army from the field
- Wide assortment of random events: pirates, epidemics, betrayal, fires, revolts, desertion, Indian discontent and many others
- Towns can be pillaged to gain supply
- Fleet Bombardments and Troop Landings
- Years of historical research utilized in the games development
More articles about For Liberty!