Based on the worldwide literary phenomenon and Fox 2006 tentpole film starring Academy Award winner Jeremy Irons and Academy Award nominee John Malkovich, Eragon immerses the player in a magical world of dragons, destiny and adventure. Gamers will engage in intense battles with an unparalleled combo and magic-based combat system, including stunning finishing moves, multiple grapples and degradable blocks with unique counter attacks. The adventure is heightened with dragon flight-based combat and devastating dragon summon attacks. Fantasy fans can also share the adventure with 2 player co-op featuring team attack bonuses and dragon fight/flight combo gameplay.
This star-studded cast will be headlined by newcomer Edward Speleers voicing the main character Eragon, a young farm boy who discovers that he is destined for greatness as a dragon rider. Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil: Apocalypse) will voice Arya, an elf who is saved by Eragon from King Galbatorix. Garrett Hedlund (Friday Night Lights, Troy, Four Brothers) voices Murtagh, a mysterious figure who becomes Eragon’s unlikely ally.
Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting, The Full Monty) voices Durza, a powerful shade who controls the Urgal army.
In the video game, players will live the legend as Eragon, and with Eragon’s mighty dragon Saphira ride into epic battle against an evil king’s sinister forces. Gamers will be able to realize the ancient destiny of the Dragon Riders and save Alagaësia from falling further into darkness. Eragon will overpower foes with a deep combat system, utilizing devastating magic attacks, and join forces with Brom or Murtagh at any point in drop in/drop out co-op mode.
- Eragon the video game offers gamers the chance to experience the authentic Eragon universe in the official game of the 20th Century Fox film starring Academy Award winner Jeremy Irons and Academy Award nominee John Malkovich.
- Eragon will be a major tentpole event film for Fox in Winter 2006.
- Eragon is based on the worldwide literary phenomenon with over 5MM books in print worldwide written by Christopher Paolini.
- Developed by Stormfront Studios, Eragon features a deep combat system that blends the best of hand-to-hand combat, swordplay and magic to defeat enemies in an action-packed fantasy-action game true to the Eragon mythos.
- Stormfront has developed a sophisticated dragon call-in attack giving Eragon the ability to bring Saphira into melee combat and dispatch enemies.
- PSP: Dragon flight/arena combat with four person multiplayer in 7 different arenas.12 unlockable arena game types, unlockable and customizable dragon armor, and an extensive SP story mode – experience the Eragon story from the dragon’s point of view.
- DS: Action/combat RPG with touch screen spell casting and unique dual screen attack mode. Extensive weapon, spell and combo attack upgrade system.
- GBA: Deep, story-driven RPG – nine playable characters and true RPG leveling system with fully customizable focus skills, upgradeable weapon forging and potion crafting.
Eragon is in development for Xbox 360, PS2, Xbox, PC, GBA, PSP, NDS, and will be released on November 14, 2006.