The Empire and the Forming of the Alliance of Order
When the Age of Reckoning begins, the Empire is caught in the grip of a deadly Chaos Plague that transforms its victims into mindless, savage killers. Emperor Karl Franz struggles to maintain order as the plague spreads rapidly across the whole of the Empire. Looting and robbery become commonplace as roaming gangs of brigands and ruffians overwhelm the embattled provincial sheriffs who struggle to maintain law and order in the Empire’s more remote settlements. The appearance of a strange omen – an eclipse that turns the sky as red as blood – seems to confirm the worst fears of the Empire’s citizens. Have the end times finally come?
It is on the day of the red eclipse that a great Chaos warhost led by a formidable Champion of Tzeentch begins its march southward toward the Empire. When the Emperor learns of this new menace, he is greatly troubled. In such desperate times, he might call upon the nearby Dwarfs for aid. The Dwarfs, however, have troubles of their own. A great Waaagh! has stormed into the World’s Edge Mountains and captured Karak Eight Peaks. The horde is led by an Orc Warboss of incredible strength and a Shaman with powers never before seen.
Deprived of his nearest ally, the Emperor sends word to Phoenix King of Ulthuan, asking for any aid the Lord of the High Elves can give. Knowing that the security of the Empire is ultimately linked to the survival of Ulthuan, the wise Phoenix King sends a battalion of warriors sailing eastward for the shores of the Old World.
Upon arriving in the Empire, the High Elves learn that their own island home is under assault by the Dark Elves. Knowing that the only way the Dwarfs, High Elves and people of the Empire can hope to survive is through a strong Alliance, the Emperor holds a great Council of Wisdom in the Imperial capital of Altdorf, and the Alliance of Order is born.
Warhammer Online Features :
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning