The SIXAXIS controller utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless gameplay and the controller’s USB cable to seamlessly and automatically charge the controller through the hardware at anytime. Furthermore, unlike other interactive controllers, the SIXAXIS controller is easy to set-up and is compatible with today’s monitors and televisions.
By integrating all these features into the original PlayStation controller design, Sony Computer Entertainment, together with content developers, plans to further enhance the gameplay experience of next generation computer entertainment.
- Utilizes technology and a highly sensitive motion sensing system so as the user moves the controller the game moves with it
- Features Bluetooth for wireless gameplay; the PS3 system can support up to seven wireless controllers at one time
- Can be swapped seamlessly from wireless to wired and automatically charged using the controller’s USB cable
- The shape of the L2/R2 buttons has been altered, enabling increased depth in stroke for more subtle control in games
- The tilting angle of the analog joy sticks has been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and more dynamic manipulation
- The information detection (L2/R2, analog joy stick) has been increased from 8 bit to 10 bit