Players will be able to interact with each other in an original fantasy setting, experienced through a unique graphics style. Players can fight with or against each other, forge alliances and control parts of the world. The players’ strength is not determined by the sword that he or she wields, but by the skill with which it is wielded. This is one of the things that allows players to create varying but recognizable identities for their characters. In addition, players are free to use a wide variety of faces, clothes, armours and symbols to customize their characters in the game. Players will change the world with their actions, from unlocking entire new parts of the world, to putting a personal lasting mark on a small part of the world. High adventure is offered even at the lower levels: Hidden doors can be found, conquering clans can be joined; you will make a difference even at lower levels.
Developed by Spellborn International, The Chronicles of Spellborn will introduce gameplay that challenges MMO gaming conventions. No longer will back stories be irrelevant, players will move back and forth in time to experience the storyline. The Spellborn team has thrown out the old "auto lock" MMO attack system. Players will actively maneuver and aim in combat while they manipulate a "skill deck" that allows them to string together hundreds of different possible attack combinations. Also, armour and weapons do NOT affect combat so players can dress exactly how they like from the very start. Finally, the successes and failures of every player from the lowest to the highest levels will determine the fate of their House and the rest of the world.
The final Alpha version of the game will be finished on the 15th of November after which a final Closed Beta phase will start. An Open Beta phase with Fileplanet is planned for early Q1 2007.
The Chronicles of Spellborn puts players in an original living and breathing world. Players take the role of heroes in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting where a vast adventure unfolds in an authentic living world.
- Amazing graphics produced by the Unreal Engine 2.5.
- 9 different classes offering unique play styles.
- A character creation system that allows players to look cool and unique from the start.
- An expansive world filled with cities and villages, forests, caves and many many dangers.
- Play as a Human or a Daevi.
- A skill based combat system with manual targeting allows for maximum control in combat.
What differentiates ‘The Chronicles of Spellborn’ from other MMORPG?
- Dress to impress: From day 1 you will be able to look cool by choosing and changing clothes, armors, weapons, skills.
- Influencing the world with your actions: This ranges from lifelike statues of your character in Quarterstone to unlocking and owning new parts of the worlds through questing, politics and conquest.
- ‘Join and play’, you don’t have to walk whole marathons before the fun starts.
- ‘The Chronicles of Spellborn’ combat system based on skill decks. You will be able to create your own individual fighting style.
More articles about The Chronicles of Spellborn