Protect America and freedom from enemy forces in urban and rural warfare in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault, exclusively for the PlayStation 2. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault builds on the strengths of the multimillion-selling franchise to firmly establish both its single-player and multiplayer as equally outstanding game experiences. Created in association with U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault is as close as a player can get to being a Navy SEAL on PlayStation 2.
Players can experience the campaign mode in single player or in 4-player online cooperative mode. Additionally, players will have the option to select an individual tactical mission area that was previously completed, and play it as a stand-alone, or 'Instant Action', mission in 4-player online cooperative play. Players can then customize these Instant Action missions for nearly endless replay.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault will also contain the full SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs multiplayer online game with all maps, patches and updates included and it will be completely compatible with SOCOM 3 Online multiplayer. In addition it will feature new competitive 32-player maps, exclusive to SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault. Improved Crosstalk functionality between SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault allows each game to have even more dramatic effects on the progression of the other, in addition to unlocking special features across the titles.
- 4-Player Online Co-op with full community support, including all SOCOM 3 communication features, ladders and ranking.
- Mission design, layout and enemy behavior will allow players to decide how they want to approach a given enemy engagement, whether through stealth or raw offense.
- Enemy behavior has been enhanced to make them more tactical, intelligent and deadly. Vehicle driving behavior has also been dramatically improved for more realistic movement and decision-making.
- New weapons, including a selection of non-lethal weapons such as tear gas, pepper spray projectiles and concussion ordinance, and defensive equipment such as flak vests.
- 3 vehicle classes including the light, agile but vulnerable Recon class, the fast Support class that focuses on troop transport and the heavily armed and armored but slow Armor class.
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 both take place in the same single area of operation with an in-depth, unified story arc.
- Crosstalk functionality between SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 will be enhanced through cinematics, voice-over, in-game cut scenes and action events that combine the efforts of both SEAL teams, in addition to numerous unlockables.
- Association with the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command ensures authentic and realistic SEAL gameplay and mission designs.
- PlayStation 2 system's top online gaming franchise continues its groundbreaking gameplay with an intensely designed online community. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault offers 32-player competitive and 4-player cooperative gameplay, and will have an expansive list of community features - including friends list, chat functionality, a detailed ranking structure, expanded stat tracking and more.
More articles about SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault