“With 'X3: Reunion 2.0' we’ve addressed the issues that matter most to gamers in removing the Starforce protection mechanism, and putting the game onto a single DVD instead of 5 CDs,” said Paul Lombardi, chief executive officer of Enlight Interactive, USA. “We’ve also added a number of features that make X3 an even larger universe than before with even more missions, ships, and features.”
"X3: Reunion" is the Sequel to the award winning "X2: The Threat." The game introduces a new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. The economy of "X3: Reunion" is more complex than anything seen in the X-universe before. Factories are being built by NPCs, wars affect the global economy, NPCs can trade freely, and pirates behave far more realistically.
Extensive development has gone into the X3 engine, making full use of DirectX 9 technology to create dramatic visual effects and stunningly realistic starships. Coupled with the massively enhanced A.L. (Artificial Life) system, "X3: Reunion" presents players with an ever-changing, evolving universe where players’ actions really shape the future of the universe. Newcomers will enjoy the additions to the already graphically impressive, almost living X3-Universe, while veterans can expect new construction options and an improved physics model.
What has happened so far: While the Argon fleet is stretched almost to the breaking point by the continuing attacks from Khaak, a new enemy is stalking the X-universe. What links a mysterious ship with the power to disappear, the ruthless Yaki pirates, and a machine left by an ancient species? It’s time to strap yourself in, warm up your laser cannon, and get some answers.
- DVD format
- No Starforce copy protection
- The Bala Gi EXPANSION - a campaign to unlock a unique new spacecraft and get hold of the biggest construction set in the X universe so far: The headquarters station
- The exclusive (and unique) M6 class battleship once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself - this ship is lean and mean and can host two M5 ships
- Bala Gi Research Inc. have developed a new M3+ class of ships - during the game you can distribute the blueprints for this new masterpiece in ship construction to the various shipyards
- Exotic space ships
- Revised battle tactics
- Exciting missions for all difficulty levels
- The award winning X3 engine has been further enhanced creating an absolutely stunning universe.