“Frontline: Fields of Thunder” follows in the footsteps of the original “Blitzkrieg” and incorporates the best aspects of the now classic RTS games. While fans of “Blitzkrieg” will recognize some familiarities, there are plenty of new and exciting features that promise to occupy gamers’
“Blitzkrieg’ has become an institution among RTS gamers and we felt the first “Frontline” game needed a name that immediately reflects the scope and depth of its gameplay”, said Fredrik Wester, Director of Sales and Acquisitions.
- The battle at the Kursk Salient was Germany’s last attempt to avoid defeat in World War II. This conflict was marked by a ferocity that had been previously unseen by either side and has been remembered as the largest tank engagement in world history.
- Highly detailed Battle Map: Lots of data is included in the different chapter maps, including more geographical data and historical dislocation data of the real troops that will change according to the real historical timeline.
- Streamlined and intuitive interface.
- Unit parameters and the battle dynamics based on historically accurate data.
- Two historically correct campaigns that encompass 20 thrilling missions, most of which will be based on accurate historical episodes.
- New Units: Three to four new units will be added to the unit pool in an effort to more accurately depict the actual, historical events.
- New Rewards: The game will feature new awards, medals and promotions to suit the historical period of the game.
- Multiplayer functionality, including 10 multiplayer missions that can be played both on LAN and over the Nival.Net Internet service.
Frontline: Fields of Thunder, developed by Nival Interactive and N-Game Studios, is scheduled for worldwide release in February 2007.