Visit Thrillville and step into a nonstop party in a theme park that you create. Customize your park, interact with guests like never before, and build and hop into your own roller coasters and other rides. For the first time ever, race on go-kart tracks you constructed, play mini-golf on courses you designed, and more. Join friends for dozens of four-player party games, from bumper cars to arcade shoot-‘em-ups. You can also tour the park on foot – a first for theme-park titles – chatting and joking with all the guests to help them out and make sure they’re enjoying themselves.
Thrillville combines elements of simulation, party games and social interaction like nothing before it, all in one of the most console-friendly theme park titles ever to be released. Its charming, laugh-out-loud story centers around you and the theme park you’ve inherited from your eccentric Uncle Mortimer. Only by keeping your guests happy and completing most of the hundreds of missions they present can you stave off the threat posed by the nefarious Globo-Joy corporation.
In addition to claiming Best Overall Theme Park honors, Busch Gardens also swept the online survey's other three categories: Best Roller Coaster, Best Midway Games and Best Hang-Out. Also very popular in the Best Overall category were Kennywood Park in West Mifflin, PA, and Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH.
"We are delighted with the results of the Thrillville poll," said Keith M. Kasen, chairman and president of Busch Entertainment Corp., parent company of Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa, FL, and Busch Gardens Europe in Williamsburg, VA. "We work hard to create the most thrilling attractions and highest quality parks in the world and are gratified when theme park fans give us an endorsement like this. I'm sure that many Thrillville players think SheiKra is the best roller coaster in America now, but wait until we open Griffon at Busch Gardens Europe next spring."
- Build, manage, ride, customize and socialize your way through the five theme parks you’ve created. Play with your friends in the park of your dreams.
- Thrillville boasts the simplest, most intuitive development tools available for all 75-plus ride types, from wooden, corkscrew and inverted coasters to merry-go-rounds, trains and all your favorite carnival rides.
- Complete up to 150 missions so that you can you retain Uncle Mortimer’s legacy and fend off the threat of Globo-Joy.
- Midway games are more than simple props for your park – you can actually play them! Of the 22 available, 18 are multiplayer, 16 can be placed wherever you want them, and 10 can be customized to your liking.
- Examples of midway games include bumper cars, saucer soccer, remote-control cars, shooting gallery, mini-golf, rhythm challenges, arcade-style shoot-‘em-ups and puzzlers, and much more.
- Interact and develop a relationship with any guests you see wandering about. Listen to and address their unique concerns about your park, joke with them, and even help a guest impress his crush by winning that special prize.
- Explore 15 different themed areas spread across five theme parks, such as Pirates Gone Wild, Gold Rush, Ancient Treasures of Egypt and Moon Base.
- Spend hours customizing every aspect of your park, or let the game assist you as you play the midway games, chat with guests and move the story along.
- Customize your own playable character’s gender, head, body, clothes, skin tone and accessories.
- “Coaster cam” lets you experience the thrill of every speedy turn and stomach-churning drop your roller coasters have to offer.
- PSP version includes completely unique missions not found in the console versions. It also features ad-hoc Wi-Fi play, and players can share items such as their own unique track and coaster designs.
Thrillville’s focus on what you do in your amusement park – not just designing the park itself – makes it a theme park game truly designed with the console and handheld gaming experience in mind.
More articles about Thrillville