Best known for the genre-breaking smash hit Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia Interactive has crafted an exceptional military shooter in ArmA: Armed Assault. The game offers players incredible realism, dense tactics and intense strategy. You will need to rely on keen eyesight, gut instincts and a sharp strategic mind if you are to survive on the expansive battlefields of ArmA. Every decision you make could mean the difference between death and glory for you and your troops.
ArmA also features extensive multiplayer modes and matches, which offer something for every online FPS gamer, whether they enjoy considered strategising or fast aggressive frag-fests. Anticipation and support for ArmA is already very strong from an eager and vocal community of PC gamers.
ArmA features a new engine with a fresh modern setting and focuses on freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation, based on a technology used to train real soldiers around the world, including U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army and Australian Defense Forces.
In ArmA, players will be able to seamlessly explore massive environments (over 200 sq. kilometres) and combat intelligent enemies that try to out think and outmaneuver you. In ArmA it is important to preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict. Jump into any of a large selection of available vehicles, including armored vehicles and aircraft.
- Large selection of weapons and vehicles.
- Unique and proven combatant's AI.
- New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.
- ArmA s campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting.
- Campaign s setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.
- Updated controls and command interface.
- Environments are richly detailed and varied.
- New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)
- New densely populated battlefield (approximately twice the number of objects on all previous islands combined).
- Dynamic weather and daytime simulation (including tides and star constellations)
- Ambient wildlife.
- 60+ player multiplayer (plus additional AI), players can join at any time.
- Unique game modes introducing modes of play not seen in any other game.
- Cooperative game modes.
Custom content support
- Open game architecture.
- Building on top of the successful Operation Flashpoint addon and modding support.
- Built-in scenario editor.
- Versatile object/vehicle animation system.
- Many useful scripting functions.
- Mission wizards enable missions to be played with any addons.
ArmA: Armed Assault, published by 505 Games and developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release on PC in first quarter 2007.
More articles about Armed Assault