Together with FremantleMedia, co-producer and licensor of America's top rated television show, Konami has developed Karaoke Revolution: American Idol (working title) for the PlayStation 2, which will let players sing and perform through a full season of competition to claim the title of American Idol. Featuring 40 all-new songs and several unique modes of play, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol delivers an immersive Idol experience as players sing their way to victory.
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol allows players to play the part of an American Idol contestant as they audition, earn an invitation to Hollywood and ultimately perform in front of the crowd on center stage. Players can choose to sing from 40 all-new songs, including hits from the show, and receive verbal feedback on their performance from the judges. The evaluation by the game's judges will affect whether or not they move on to the next round of competition. Players will be able to construct their contestant with new skin tones, clothing, hair styles and accessories in the updated Character Customization mode, creating a specialized look that is sure to catch the attention of the judges and the crowd. Players can also import images of their face with the EyeToy USB camera (for PlayStation 2) to bring themselves directly into the actual competition.
In addition to the new American Idol mode, which can be played in single or multiplayer, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol also features popular Karaoke Revolution game modes such as KR Challenge, Medley and Quickplay, giving players even more ways to sing their way to the top. Up to eight players can sing in the game's head to head and team modes, while two players can sing together in Duet Mode to see who has the most star power.
Using a unique gameplay mechanic new to the series, comments from the judges and the player’s popularity with the crowd will ultimately decide whether the player moves on to the later rounds of the competition. Further immersing the player in the American Idol experience, Simon and Randy will critique many specific aspects of each performance including pitch, consistency, and song difficulty, bringing their own unique personalities to the game.
- American Idol mode – the first game that allows you to perform and sing as a contestant on the American Idol show – the top rated television series in America
- The judges individually rate your performance and provide verbal feedback
- 40 all-new songs featuring classic favorites, contemporary hits, and songs featured on the show
- Updated character customization options
- New characters, accessories, and venues including the American Idol stages
- Includes popular Karaoke Revolution game modes like Duets, KR Challenge, Medley and Quickplay
- Supports up to eight players for head-to-head and team games
- Works with any PlayStation 2 compatible USB headset or microphone
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol for the PS2 will ship to stores in North America on January 2, 2007.
More articles about Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol