The update will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, November 29, after 0800 GMT (1:00 a.m. PST).
Below is a full list of the new features and changes in the Texas Hold ’em update:
- Game-play has been sped up:
- Post the blind and play right away! – Players can now, if they wish, start playing immediately when joining a table by posting the big blind, rather than having to wait for the blind to come to them.
- New ‘Away’ mode – Players can now set their status to ‘Away’. Hands will be auto-folded and blinds auto-posted until the player returns.
- New ‘Auto-boot’ mode – Players who continuously let the timer expire (more than three times in a game) will be booted from the table
- Faster overall pacing – Timers and messaging durations have been adjusted to speed up game-play among experienced players, but still allow novice players plenty of time to play.
- Improved blind structure – Initial blinds, as well as blind increases, are now more proportional to table stakes, ensuring more meaningful increases during game-play.
- Matchmaking improvements – Players are no longer matched into games they cannot afford
- Improved interface controls – Improvements to controls, such as increasing/decreasing stake amounts
- Leaderboard display – A player’s full winnings and rank are now properly displayed
- Art and text improvements – Game art and spelling issues have been addressed
- Online exploits addressed – Certain known exploits that enabled cheating have been addressed. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate inflated scores as a result of these exploits.