Purchase new weapons and abilities each round in an extraordinary arms race to increase your options and open up new tactics for your team. Gather your team from four different magical races, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. And fight for control of a magical artifact that can shape the course of the world.
Be forewarned, “Shadowrun” will make you approach the online multiplayer FPS genre in a whole new way as you tap into your intelligence and wits, combining the various magic and techs in the heat of battle for an intense combat experience.
Gamers that are interested in participating in the Xbox 360 “Shadowrun” beta program can apply by following these instructions:
- Visit our Web site at http://connect.microsoft.com.
- Click on "Invitations" on the left-side menu.
- You will need to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID before you can continue to the "Invitations" page. (If you have already registered for the Connect site, skip to Step 5.)
- Enter your Invitation ID in the blank field. Your invitation ID is: SHBS-6YMT-YKHC
- Click "Go."
- Complete and submit the short questionnaire. Please enter 208 for the beta code when asked at the beginning of the questionnaire.
- If you are not redirected immediately to the “Shadowrun” Beta Selection homepage after completing the questionnaire, click the My Participations link on the left hand navigation bar then click the “Shadowrun” program link. This will redirect you to the “Shadowrun” Beta Selection Homepage.
- Once you are on the “Shadowrun” Beta Selection Homepage, you will need to complete the rest of the registration process by signing up for the forums by clicking the Join the Forums button then click the Welcome to the Official “Shadowrun” Community Forum Sign In button.
- Wait patiently for us to contact you with further instructions. Check back at http://connect.microsoft.com for further beta announcements.
- Gametypes—In Raid, RNA Global has secured the area around the artifact but have not yet acquired the knowledge of how to touch or move the artifact. The Lineage, however, has learned the ability to pick up and move the artifact and have decided to raid RNA Global to steal the artifact.
- Environments—Sitting in and around the city of Santos, Brazil, five different areas are being fought over between The Lineage and RNA Global. Each environment will have multiple maps, each with their own objectives.
- Weapons—From the incredibly short-range Katana to the powerful Sniper rifle, weapons in Shadowrun™ play a major role in both tactics and strategy.
- Tech—Cybernetic enhancements and individual enhancements are new technologies on the battlefield but they have already started paying dividends. A properly equipped modern soldier can travel both faster and quieter, gather data at incredible speeds and confuse his enemies in ways the previous generation of soldiers could only dream about.
- Magic—Magic, while often more subtle in use than machine guns or rocket launchers, reshapes the battlefield in ways never before seen.
- Races—The different races in Shadowrun each bring unique abilities to combat. Ranging from the Troll’s hardening ability to the Dwarven capacity for absorbing magic, the race you choose will help decide the flow of the battle around you.
More articles about Shadowrun