"We are very appreciative of the outstanding retail and gaming community support in North America, Europe and Australia," said Pascal Brochier, president, global retail, Vivendi Games. "This support pushed the game to #1 in North America while exceeding our expectations in Europe and beyond."
In the month of October, the world was truly Tony's. In addition to the success of Scarface: The World Is Yours, Tony's game for the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system, Scarface: Money. Power. Respect., claimed the top spot on the PSP system in North America. According to sales data from The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, during the month of October:
- Scarface: The World Is Yours was the #1 Game in America
- Scarface: The World Is Yours was the #1 Console Game in America
- Scarface: The World Is Yours was the #1 PlayStation(R)2 Game in America
- Scarface: The World Is Yours was the #1 Xbox(R) Game in America
- Scarface: Money. Power. Respect. was the #1 PSP Game in America
Source: October 2006 Video Game Software Sales. The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service
"We are thrilled with the fantastic response to Scarface: The World Is Yours," said Bill Kispert, VP Interactive, Universal Studios Consumer Product Group. "We know that the character, the mythos, and the brand of Scarface is one that fans are extremely passionate about. The teams at Sierra Entertainment and Radical Entertainment took that to heart -- showing immense respect for both the nuances and the explosive elements of the source material, while also adding to the license's mythology. This is a great example of how interactive entertainment can extend a franchise, and we love that fans feel the game has done Tony proud."
Scarface: The World Is Yours presents a sequel storyline that asks "What if Tony Montana survived the mansion shootout?" The game plunges players deep into the seedy underbelly of 1980s Miami as the one-and-only Tony Montana. Players are challenged to re-enact the climactic mansion shoot-out from the original film, but in the game the player has the opportunity to help Tony fight his way out of the mansion and survive. As Tony, the player must then rebuild his fallen empire and seize vengeance on his enemies.
Scarface: The World Is Yours is now available worldwide for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Scarface: Money. Power. Respect., a unique game designed specifically for the PSP system that combines turn-based strategy gameplay with real-time combat, is also now available.
- You are Tony Montana. Tony Montana embodies the ultimate American gangster, living by his own rules on his own terms as he rebuilds his empire from the ground up. Ensuring an authentic Scarface experience, Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game, assuring that players will embark on a journey that delivers the essence and soul of the Scarface mythology
- All-Star cast of characters. The game’s roster of voice actors includes original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin, and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York
- Original story written by David McKenna. David McKenna, writer of the movies “Blow” and “American History X” has penned the story for Scarface: The World is Yours. Beginning with the explosive shootout at the end of the film, the Scarface video game immerses players in a “what if Tony survived?” storyline that allows fans of the movie and action gamers alike to experience a new chapter in the Tony Montana legacy
- Explore vast environments. Players will travel through the steamy streets of Miami and surrounding islands, smuggling drugs and avoiding rivals and the DEA as they rebuild their fallen empire
- Mix your own music. Gamers can play with an immersive soundtrack of music from the film’s time period, or take control by choosing from a play list including hot new artists
More articles about Scarface: The World Is Yours