Gamers can register at www.razerzone.com and submit their videos via YouTube. Videos will be judged by the Razer community. Contestants must submit a creative and edgy video of themselves destroying their keyboard. The top five most outrageous and creative video entries will win the new Tarantula (retail price $99.99) with its sleek look, fully customizable features, seamless control and unparalleled quality. Additionally, the top 50 finalists will receive a Razer Tarantula t-shirt.
Designed and engineered from the ground up by the Razer team, the Tarantula is the first definitive gaming keyboard created for gamers, by gamers that has several innovative features:
- 10 key Anti-Ghosting capability to allow for multiple key binds and prevent key jamming when multiple keys are simultaneously pressed
- Optimized Hyperesponse[tm] Gaming Keytop for reduced key latency and maximum response time
- Headphone-out and microphone-in jacks for convenient access and two USB Ports for convenient peripheral plug-ins
- 10 additional Macro keys with extra symbol keys included
- * 95 programmable keys on the Razer Tarantula allow configuration of customized keystrokes and macro commands for optimal control and flexibility
- Keys can be programmed without drivers and up to five different gaming profiles which can be stored on the keyboard itself which makes moving from one tournament to another easy. The onboard memory capability powered by Razer Synapse[tm], which was first featured in the multi-award winning Razer Copperhead[tm] gaming mouse.
- Full Multi-media center keys to control media programs like Windows Media Player
- Ambient illumination light source runs underneath the keys, enabling the keys to be adequately lit for gaming in low or no light conditions
The contest will run from November 22 - December 14, 2006. The Tarantula is available at Circuit City, CompUSA and major online retailers (Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Buy.com, GoGamer.com, Newegg.com and others) for $99.99.