Capcom debuted the first peek at Lost Planet’s multiplayer action at this year’s Leipzig Games Convention where its riveting action netted top honors as the Best Xbox 360 Game at the show. Combining a gripping single player campaign and intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players via Xbox Live® online game service, Lost Planet promises to be an epic gaming masterpiece. Taking full advantage of Xbox 360’s unprecedented power, Lost Planet will contain an unrivalled level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation that enhances every explosion, smoke and particle effect. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle the hostile creatures during blistering weather conditions throughout vast snow fields and deserted cities either on foot or with armed vehicles. Fostering a real-time loading system, players can expect a seamless experience that leaves them completely immersed.
“Capcom has one of the most devoted fan bases in the industry and we want our fans to know that we are listening,” said Charles Bellfield, vice president, marketing, Capcom Entertainment, Inc. “More so than any previous title, fan feedback on message boards including the game’s official community site has been tremendous. The wealth of content included in the Collector’s Edition is a direct result of input we have received from our fans.”
Lost Planet Collector's Edition offers fans a flurry of extra content:
- One exclusive bonus multiplayer map that will only be available in the Collector’s Edition until summer 2007
- Custom designed exclusive cover art, for collector's edition only
- Premium packaging in a sleek SteelBook metal case
- Exclusive art book with concept sketches from all stages of development including character renders, VS renders and enemy art
- Soundtrack of select songs from the game
- Fan kit assets for gamers to create their own Lost Planet websites
- Action packed videos and trailers
- Wallpapers, AIM icons, board icons and signature banners
- Digital art files including screens, character art and environment shots
In Lost Planet, human snow pirates navigate VS (Vital Suits) through unforgiving arctic environments, fighting against the indigenous Akrid creatures for the precious thermal energy they need to survive. For one such pilot named Wayne, death almost seemed imminent until he was fortunately rescued. However, he can only remember a few fragments of his past including the slaying of his father by these enigmatic menaces. Yet under the shroud of ice, a devious plot has been set into motion by the Neo Venus Construction Corporation (NEVEC). What really happened to Wayne and how will his destiny become intertwined with NEVEC’s plans? Encounter valuable allies and dangerous enemies on Wayne’s search for the truth.