Race your opponent at speeds of up to 160 mph in a completely original machine – the design options right at your finger tips!
A first in franchise history, Ridge Racer 7 offers 375,000 ways to make your machine visually unique, with up to 7,150 combinations to tailor the performance of each machine. Featuring fan favorite and brand new exhilarating courses, a robust level of customization, 5.1 channel sound and running at 1080p and 60fps, Ridge Racer 7 is the premier racing title to own this holiday season. A new grand prix mode for players to build their careers as a racer from the ground up, and the capability to bring your customized machine into the new online integrated experience to dual it out against opponents worldwide supporting up to 14 players in multi player mode and online team battle, makes Ridge Racer 7 a next-generation force to be reckoned with!
“We are very excited to be a part of the PS3 system launch frenzy by having not just one, but two of our most popular franchises launch with the revolutionary new hardware,” said Makoto Iwai, Senior Vice President of Development at Namco Bandai Games America Inc. “With the unprecedented speed and exhilaration of Ridge Racer 7 and the futuristic combat of Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, we are very proud to offer up something new for every PS3 system owner to enjoy.”
- Drift racing at its best: Ridge Racer 7 includes a total of 40 machines and 20 exhilarating courses filled with nitrous filled straight-aways and hairpin turns. With reversed courses, the total grows to 40, most in the series ever!
- Customize your ultimate machine: The brand new machine customization mode gives the player the power to make the perfect machine in up to 200,000 different ways. From visual touches to performance related specifications, any racing style can be brought to life for the most hardcore or casual gamer.
- Race your way to the top: In the new career mode, build yourself up to become the best Ridge Racer. The player will be tested to the limit, building a career from the ground up in over 160 races.
- Online play: In addition to the single player modes, Ridge Racer 7 will be compatible with Sony’s new online service for heated races with up to 14 players (tentative). Players will be able to bring their customized machine online to challenge other players to prove who is the ultimate Ridge Racer.
RIDGE RACER 7 ‘s new customization features include:
- Create the Ultimate Exterior: Players can choose from a variety of body kits, colors and decals to change the look of their machines, as well as a large selection of wheels.
- Improved Performance: Perform engine tune-ups and performance upgrades to improve your chances in the extensive GP series.
- Customizable Handling: Improve cornering performance by adjusting tires and suspension to customize drift characteristics.
- Variable Nitrous: Various nitrous options are now available. Strengthen your normal or ultimate charge, increase the number of nitrous tanks, select auto-charge or reverse charge, or even use flex nitrous, which can be turned on or off at any time!
Rated “E” for Everyone, Ridge Racer 7 will carry a suggested retail price of $59.99.
More articles about Ridge Racer 7