Please make sure that you are installing the right patch for you game version.
1. Before installing Heroes of Might & Magic V patch 1.4 please close all other programs.
2. Run patch installation file.
3. Follow the instructions.
Upon installation you can run the game either from windows start menu ('Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Ubisoft' -> 'Heroes of Might and Magic V' -> 'Heroes
of Might and Magic V') or use 'Heroes.exe' file from the game installation directory (By default, the game will be installed into
"C:Program FilesUbisoftHeroes of Might and Magic V").
Changes will not take effect if loading from the old save - Game restart will be needed.
3. Changes in patches:
(!) Some fixes will take effect only after map restart, if loading from an older version save.
"Paper doll" in Hero inventory interface
Support for p2p network in the game and in the editor (now maps can be loaded from shared folders without downloading, check the map editor documentation for more details)
Note: If you have maps with same name in "C:Program FilesUbisoftHeroes of Might and Magic VMaps" folder and in the p2p's folder then the game will activate the map from game's folder.
Bugs repaired and changes made:
- Game no longer freezes on sending results to ubi screen
- Game no longer freezes on Ubi rating games when host is disconnected
- Game results will not be submitted to ubi.com situation is no longer present
- Placing the "entry point object on the map no longer causes the editor to freeze"
- 'Move Hero' button disabling at turn start in some situations no longer present
- Hero movement path plotting on Puzzle Map seen no longer
- In the Wait interface players default names now change with player color change
- Select spell region difference with spell icon exists no longer
- Showing more then 1k creatures in one stack now is correct
- the big icon of Random Hero in Duel creation interface now is correct
- option changes now may be saved by clicking 'Apply' button
- the “Clear” button in Hall Of Fame no longer erases all results including the default ones
- not all the upgrades performed are updated correctly bug exists no more
- no movement path after exiting whirlpool bug fixed
- Vital information no longer displayed after player presses 'End Turn' button in Hot Seat Mode
- icons of Shadow Matriarch, Cavalier, Spectre, Wraith, Silver Unicorn, Emerald Dragon now are in accordance with their models
- icon of Sack of Endless Gold now is accordance with model
- mission results screen has been improved
- the Alt+F4 shortcut works correctly now in multiplayer duel mode
- many text bugs have been fixed
Gameplay, Mechanics, Balance:
- Duel 3x3 concept has been improved
- the problem with incomplete army positioning in Duel 3x3 mode exists no longer
- Gremlins can repair machines and construct creatures only once per combat in all situations
- Mages no longer damage themselves from casting
- the ability "Guardian Angel" no longer gives an extra turn to the hero after the stack resurrected by the "Guardian Angel" has died
- Vampires no longer regenerate when attacking undead creatures
- Pendant of Mastery and Artificier manipulating exploit fixed
- specialization for dungeon hero Eruina now works correctly
- changes in cost of buildings in Sylvan town
- creatures now are collected in dwellings
- all levels of Magic Guild cost equally in all towns
- now creatures don’t disappear in combat when splitting stacks
- skill Gating now is more balanced and improved
- perk "Power of speed" was changed and grants "Mass Haste" spell now
- perk "Power of Endurance" was changed and grants "Mass Endurance" spell now
- building "Dragon Tombstone" (Necropolis) now requires Dragon Graveyard to be built first.
- building "Library" (Academy) now requires Magic Guild to be built first.
- perk “Imbue Ballista” (Ranger) can't be obtained by the hero without perk “Imbue Arrow” now.
- Warlock can get "Resistance" and "Counterspell" perks now.
- functionality of the Map Editor has been improved
- Hero Editor Tool has been improved
- wrong camera behavior when a Paladin attacked by the range attack creature now fixed
- wrong camera behavior when a unit is "scared" by the attack of the Hell Charger now fixed
- wrong camera behavior when a creature attacked by the attack of Ranger now fixed
- the auto-combat button doesn't have a correct refreshing of its icon in hot seat when 2 human players are carrying the combat bug exist no longer
- the delay between clicking on a hero's destination and his actual movement on the adventure map now fixed
- wrong system resolution after system went to standby bug exists no more
- sky in Necropolis town has been improved
Changes in patch 1.3
(!) Some fixes will take effect only after map restart, if loading from an older version save.
Map editor (you can find a shortcut to editor manual in start menu or you can find the manual directly in the "Heroes of Might and Magic VEditor Documentation folder").
- new 3 x 3 heroes duel format
- random heroes selection for duel
- hero and army information interface
New Mission Results menu
Hotkey 'ALT' to highlight all interactive objects (resources, monsters, buildings, etc.) at the adventure map
Hotkey 'CTRL' + '1,2,3...' to enter in castles
Four new multiplayer maps:
- “The School”
- “Wind Rose”
- “No Man's Land”
Bugs repaired and alternations made:
Crashes and stability:
- the game no longer crashes when saved if there is not enough space on the HDD
- several bugs in the Ghost Mode repaired that made the game “freeze”
- “The Land of Outcasts” map no longer has buildings that can’t be entered
- The “Rise to Power” map no longer has creatures that can’t be interacted with.
Corrected mistakes in the game mechanics:
- the Ghost can no longer see the number of creatures in the stack on the map if one of the player’s heroes’ Scouting is developed
- all the creatures can use their special abilities when affected by the Puppet Master spell
- the peasants’ Taxpayer ability works correctly when they are divided into stacks
- mistake corrected that, under certain conditions, allowed mini artifacts assembled for half price to be sold for full price
- the boat summon function of the Vessel of Shalassa spell now works correctly at bridges and certain shores
- the Remote Control perk corrected
- the Elementals now can appear in the Favored Enemy list
- the hero using the Angel’s Wings artifact can now be stopped by a mouse click
- when a hero goes through a portal or a whirlpool his path refreshes now
- AI player collects artifacts properly now
Changes of balance:
- damage inflicted by the Meteor Shower spell at Advanced and Expert levels decreased
- the Puppet Master spell now does not fall off when the hypnotized creature suffers damage; but each caster can have only one active Puppet Master
- the Fire Trap spell now sets mines in random locations not throughout the whole field but within a 5x5 tiles area selected by the player; in this area, the mines’ locations are still random
- more damage is now absorbed by the Arcane Armor spell
- the Phantom Forces spell now allows creating only one phantom for each group of creatures; the phantom has no activated abilities, and it has the same number of ammo as the original stack
- the Summon Creatures spell now spends 75% of the hero’s movement points (if the hero is short of movement points, the spell will be unavailable till the next turn)
- each use of the Raise Dead spell now makes a 20% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- each use of the Resurrection spell now makes a 10% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- the Master of Wrath perk now also affects the Word of Light, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Master of Pain perk now also affects the Curse of the Netherworld, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Ghosts/Spectres characteristics have been changed: these creatures now have more HP but inflict less damage
- the Cavalry Commander specialization now gives Jousting bonus not for each walked tile but for the final result dramatically decreasing the full damage
- the Iron Maden specialization: the Fireball spellpower now becomes 0+1 greater for each 5th level, not 1+1 for each 4th level
- the Swift Striker specialization: the ATB now shifts for 0.5% only for each level
- the Reanimator specialization: the Animate Dead spellpower now becomes +1 greater for each 5th level only
- the Poison Master specialization now works correctly
- Eruina duel presset: The army was weaken a little
- Lethos duel presset: Artifact "Four leaf clover" changed to “Tunic of the Carved Flesh”.
- the building costs in the towns have been balanced
- the mana cost of 3rd, 4th and 5th circles’ spells have increased
- skill "War Mashines" adds hit points to war machines now.
- catapult has unlimited ammunition now
- Warlock, Wizard and Necromant have one starting spell now.
Camera, graphics, interfaces
- the spells effects in combat are now accelerated together with the animations
- when a hero moves, the camera now follows him or her instead of remaining static
- the Knight does no longer disappear from the arena when using Retaliation against the Obsidian Gargoyles
- in the Haven town, part of the building’s texture does not disappear when a Town Hall or City Hall is being erected
- when switching to the Ghost Mode, the camera now focuses on the ghost
- the combat at the bridges now always takes part in a corresponding arena
- after defeating an enemy hero, the corresponding information of the gained trophies now appears
- some tooltips in the Duel Lobby interface have been corrected
- in the Duel interface, the heroes’ icons no longer block the information of their levels
- in the combat log, the text for the First Aid Tent has been corrected
- the text of several messages in the Ghost Mode has been corrected
- in a town without a visiting hero, the creatures’ expanded tooltips can now be viewed
- in combat, the walls and gates now have tooltips with their remaining HP
- information about another player in hot-seat turn passing is hidden now
- it is impossible to dismiss the creatures of allied hero now
- switching heroes in tavern and in the info screen now works correctly.
- allies now can see the parts of the map opened by seer’s hut or observatory
- additional corrections have been made in various texts
…and some more.
Switching off 'V-Sync' option in your video driver options may cause twitched animation in Town if you rotate camera manually.
Loading a save from another language version can cause fonts and textual problems in the interface.