Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened has traditional Point & Click game play, in a real time 3D environment, while offering numerous enigmas and varied puzzles including some that use physics and light for the first time.
Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened invites gamers to plunge into an adventure in which the myth of Cthulhu, made popular by H. P. Lovecraft, is entwined for the first time with the greatest detective in history for a battle between the rational and the supernatural.
Sherlock Holmes' encounter with the myth of Cthulhu offers a remarkable confrontation, pitching wisdom and logic against the unnatural and eerie, whilst questioning sanity and reality. Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened draws two completely opposing universes together, in which the player must wade through madness and horrors as the investigation takes shape, seeing one's own logic challenged until the final unravelling, in the purest style of a Conan Doyle novel.
Challenge Your Logic…
At 221b Baker Street, a typical London day begins: fog in the morning, afternoon and evening. Sherlock Holmes is in a mood of malcontent this morning, and it has been a goodly time since the famous detective was called to a case worthy of his innate talents. However, Doctor Watson's arrival rapidly dispels this monotonous break, since he brings news of the mysterious disappearance of a young Maori maid who works for one of Watson's patients, Captain Stenwick.
Upon arriving on site, Holmes will discover the first clues of a very strange affair; related not to a disappearance, but to a kidnapping. Holmes' theory will be proven correct when he discovers similar cases reported in the press and by certain interrogated individuals. There can be no doubt at all; only a powerful organisation could be capable of planning and enacting these kidnappings. But for what reason, since there lies no apparent link between the various disappearances and the puzzling lack of ransom demands?
The investigation and the discovery of macabre clues will quickly show that behind this mysterious organisation hides a strange and disturbing sect, worshippers of the god Cthulhu, who border on the edge of reason.
… And Your Sanity.
Throughout your investigation you will meet and freely interact with more than sixty characters. Hundreds of clues and objects will need to be scrutinised and utilised in order for the investigation to be solved. From the most logical deduction down to the smallest detail, the decor and textures offer the player a true feeling of living the role. Cities and places exude authenticity, creating environments you would expect to find at the end of the 19th Century. And yet, amidst the daily grind and bustling lives of society, there also exists terrifying places, and it is in these confines where you will have to control your fears, retain your focus, and ascertain the truth.
- Join Sherlock Holmes in the most risky adventure of his career.
- An original confrontation between the universe of Sherlock Holmes and the myth of Cthulhu, for a fight between the rational and the supernatural.
- Sumptuous graphics, biting dialogue, disturbing characters and an excellent sound track make for incredible and apocalyptic turn of the century atmospheres.
- Use of the latest real time 3D technologies for total immersion in gripping ambiances.
- Become in turns the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his loyal friend Doctor Watson.
- Interact with more than 60 characters in 5 disturbing universes.
- Use and combine more than 50 objects, and discover hundreds of clues and documents to carry out the investigation to its final outcome.
More articles about Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened