BattleStations: Midway is an immense action game that drops players into massive air, sea, and undersea battles from Pearl Harbor to Midway. Players command massive fleet attacks and take direct, real-time, control of every plane, battleship, and submarine in the battle.
The game features an impressive storyline evoking historical events and a diverse single player mode which takes you through the first critical months of the war and includes ten large-scale campaigns and 11 bonus challenge missions from the attack on Pearl Harbor to the Battle of Midway.
Battlestations: Midway blends intense 3rd-person action with epic, large-scale naval combat and immerses players in massive air, sea, and undersea battles comprising key historical locations such as Pearl Harbor, the Philippines, Java, the Coral Sea and the infamous Midway Atoll, scene of the historic Battle of Midway. Offering the opportunity to experience some of the major battles of World War II, players command massive fleet attacks and take direct, real-time, control of every plane, battleship, and submarine.
In addition, online multi-player combat offers an entirely new online battle experience and features head-to-head and co-operative fleet battles featuring over 60 Allied and Japanese units. Players can team up for huge multi-unit online battles involving over 100 units with eight players (up to four on each side). The game also offers the power to command over 40 warships and 24 different types of World War II planes.
"Battlestations: Midway evokes some of the most dramatic events in US naval history and delivers a huge scale naval and aerial battle experience for gamers and enthusiasts," said Robert Lindsey, Executive Vice President of sales and marketing, Eidos. "The year 2007 also marks the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Midway and we are proud to mark this significant occasion by bringing these events into the modern day in a cutting edge and powerful gaming context."
- Experience epic WWII combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even carrier fleet commander.
- Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on and under the sea. Movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success.
- Planes, ships and submarines authentically designed. The more players know about each ship’s profile, capabiilities and weaknesses the better they will fight. Features the Wildcat and Zero Fighter planes, the Dauntless Divebombers, the B17 and B24 bombers, the USS Iowa, USS Yorktown, and Japan’s infamous super battleship, The Yamato.
- Cutting-edge graphics bring the Pacific oceans and island chains alive with lush real-world environments, dynamic weather effects and incredibly detailed vehicles and weaponry.
- Featuring 11 massive campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions and an immersive storyline.
- : Huge multi-unit online battles with up to 8 players controlling over 60 units on Xbox Live and online.
Battlestations: Midway is developed by Eidos Studios, Hungary and will be released to North American stores on January 30, 2007.
More articles about Battlestations: Midway