- A ship following a trade route and stopping in front of the warehouse, failing to continue along that trade route.
- A team win in multi-player was sometimes impossible to achieve.
- Ships belonging to an AI (which had given up) could get stuck at the edge of the map.
- The AI failing to react to the destruction of a foreign culture.
- A display problem which occurred in multi-player save games.
- Possible Blood brotherhood with more than one culture.
- Errors in the balance sheet when a save game had been saved and then re-loaded.
- Computer opponents could erect a warehouse on a location unsuitable for construction.
- Construction could be carried out „free of charge” during lags in multi-player matches.
- Existing fraternizations are now terminated when a foreign culture is destroyed.
- Occasionally an escort’s companions stayed in one place as soon as the escort target was sent on patrol.
- Patrol points “jumping” after a battle.
- Escort ships leaving the escort after a battle.
- A foreign culture’s special action still being carried out after that culture had been destroyed.
- Bonus coins can no longer be redeemed in multi-player matches.
- Occasionally a so-called “Freeze” in the "The Legacy of the Ancestors" scenario.
- Sometimes the “Eichendorff” AI stopping production.
- Problems with the AI portraits once an AI had been destroyed.
- Setting the video settings to "very high" on an ATI video card, does not result in the statue on the village center not being displayed.
- Players spying upon an opponent’s ships.
- Damaged trade routes after a saved game was loaded.
- Damaged trade routes whenever a warehouse was renamed.
- Ships appearing to be floating inside one another upon completion.
- The AI ships now react more intelligently when faced outnumbered by the enemy.
- Storm strength now adjusts to fit island size.
- The Queen’s fleets are now somewhat more powerful.
- Die Queen now demands two additional tribute payments or sends one additional fleet.
- The normal AI no longer adjusts to suit the player but instead advances on its own.
- The foreign cultures’ landmarks are now immune to catastrophes.
- The Revolutionary doesn’t stay in the city as long as before.
- The AI no longer advances right after the player does, but instead waits a short while.
- Players can now choose whether they must fulfil all of the conditions for win just one.
- A tool tip was added for the time limit for reaching independence.
- A multi-player game no longer pauses when Escape is pressed.
- The delay in saving has been removed from the multi-player game.
- The interface can now be hidden to allow better screenshots.
- Clouds can now also be hidden to allow better screenshots.
- Inhabitant message no longer come as often as before.
- Trees can now be planted both over the menu and using the pipette. It is no longer necessary to enter a cheat to do so.
- In multi-player the clients now also show both the game name and the password.
- Pirate ships are now likely to leave some flotsam floating on the water when sunk.
- A number of adjustments have been made for the new G80 graphics chip from Nvidia in order to take full advantage of its potential, e.g. 8x & 16x CSAA support (Coverage Sampling Aliasing).
More articles about Anno 1701