Changes between 6.0 and 6.02
1. Five button mouse support.
2. Linux sound fixes.
3. Spectator bug fix.
4. Improved team joining mode.
5. Killing spree notifications.
6. Fraglimit countdown.
7. Warmup period - cvar is "warmuptime", default is 15 seconds
8. Added sv_custombots cvar. Setting this to "1" would allow you to have all your maps load a custom bot file called "custom1.tmp". Setting it to "2" would load "custom2.tmp" and so on. This allows for multiple servers using different bot files. This also now eliminates all the nasty copying of bot tmp files all over the place.
9. Added splash damage to blaster primary fire(also, and more importantly, this effects beamgun secondary fire). The damage is minimal, but the boost is pretty signifigant. This will allow some amazing tricks with the beamgun, and in excessive, the blaster.
10. Extended the countdown to begin immediately during the warmup phase so that people aren't confused as to if the match has started or not.
11. Changed rocket speed! This went from the 650 ups of Quake 2 to the 900 ups of Quake 3!
12. Fixed a minor bug with cl_noskins
13. Moved revision to 6.02, added Esteel to the credits list.
14. Added Joust mode - cvar is sv_joustmode
15. Vastly improved bot AI - too much to explain here.
16. Enormous code optimizations for the client. Framerates should improve quite a bit for everyone.
17. Added real time lighting on models. In your options, you'll see an option for it. It's off by default. Warning - your framerates *will* take about a 25-30% hit running this.
18. Fixed the particle beam setting bug.
19. Replaced the old q2 style fonts.
20. Added moveable transparent brushes.
21. Changed the team join options - now, auto selects the team, based on which has the fewest players, selects red, and selects blue.
22. Changed the defaults for Bloom to be more sane.
23. Added dm-obisidian2, plus a few new textures.
24. Added option in menu to start dedicated servers.
25. Fixed long standing bugs with chaingun animations(smooth now). Note, this will only look totally right on 6.02 servers.
26. Added security fixes to thwart speed hackers.
27. When map resets after warmup, all map items now reset too.
28. Increased power of disruptor from 35 to 50 hit points.
29. Added support for secondary master server.
30. Added automatic updating in Galaxy. This will update both the server and client binaries.
31. Fixed bugs in Galaxy in which socket errors caused problems in server lists.
More articles about Alien Arena 2007