Virtua Fighter 5 will elevate the arcade fighting genre to all new heights as the game promises to take true advantage of the capabilities of the next generation hardware. Virtua Fighter 5 raises the bar for console fighting games including all the features fans know and love plus enhanced gameplay mechanics, additional characters and new fighting styles, as well as newly redesigned 3D environments.
Virtua Fighter 5 will deliver fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping action as players head into battle, taking on a host of popular characters. The game will introduce two new dynamic characters, El Blaze and Eileen, complete with new fighting techniques and from completely different backgrounds. Play as one of the 17 default characters in the game or customize a character to become the top Virtua Fighter. Players will be able to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then decorate them by attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money allowing them to buy many items at an in-game shop. Further building upon the depth of the series, players will now be able to move around their opponent using an “Offensive Move” technique, adding a new strategic element to their battles.
“SEGA is once again blazing the trail for fighting games with the next installment in the award-winning Virtua Fighter series,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President Marketing SEGA of America. “Virtua Fighter 5 will be the first martial arts style fighting game available on the PLAYSTATION 3 system with brand new offensive moves, customizable characters, stunning graphics and highly detailed 3D fighting environments.”
- Two New Characters, El Blaze and Eileen, round out the cast of 17 dynamic characters. El Blaze is a Mexican wrestling champion that uses the Lucha Libre fighting style, and Eileen, originally from China, uses a Monkey Kung Fu style which she learned from her grandfather.
- Stunning, Highly-Detailed 3-D Fighting Environments inspired by locales around the world where players can challenge their opponents in unique types of arenas.
- Offensive Move lets players to easily move around their opponent from the side and back allowing players to be more strategic with their battles.
- Customize your character with the enhanced attachment system and customization engine giving players more flexibility than ever before when creating their characters.
- Next Gen Presentation includes 720p HD resolution (widescreen) and 5.1-channel Dolby Digital surround.
Developed by AM2 out of Japan, Virtua Fighter 5 will be rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB.
More articles about Virtua Fighter 5