Battles at sea, close combat or scouting missions - Hawk may decide at any time which strategy would be the most advantageous in any given situation. With realistically proportioned vessels and landscapes, and highly detailed graphics, it is possible to decide early whether an open attack could be successful. Otherwise, boarding the dinghy during the night in order to sabotage the opponent's ship might be sensible. Thus, the enemy will be weakened and the number of opponents will be reduced - ideal conditions for a sword fight, man-to-man.
Thomas "Hawk" Blythe is the captain of the swift pirate frigate "Hawkwind". Both he and his girlfriend, the voodoo priestess Sangua, captain ships under the high command of the notorious pirate leader "Blackbeard". Together, Hawk and Sangua embark on a search for the legendary treasure of Henry Morgan. Morgan was an infamous pirate and Governor of Jamaica approximately fifty years earlier. Many rumours surrounded Morgan and the immeasurable wealth he had amassed during his years of piracy and governing. It is said that, before he died, Morgan secreted away his treasures and ruthlessly eliminated all those who had any knowledge of these riches. Whilst hunting for an almost mythical treasure brings its own difficulties, Hawk's progress is hindered by a merciless twist of fate.
Honour, betrayal and love, conspiracy and theft, violence and murder
Tortuga - Two Treasures tells of Hawk's struggle against a world growing blacker by the day. Betrayal and death are but a small element of Hawk's adventures. Forged treasure maps, voodoo magic, a deadly curse and the seemingly ever-present threat of Blackbeard's wrath all appear focused on stifling Hawk as he plunges into a battle for power, romance, treasure and truth.
Battles at sea, close combat or scouting missions
Hawk may decide at any time which strategy would be the most advantageous in any given situation. Tactical planning, carefully considered actions and a realistic assessment of ones strengths are indispensable for successful battles at sea.
Close combat may consist of an action packed fight against numerous sailors - on the other hand, it could involve sneaking past guards and officers in order to reach the captain for the final showdown. In order to sneak up on someone successfully, Hawk must avoid the opponents' line of sight and then he has to attack swiftly and silently from behind. If the guards detect him, they will alert everyone and attack.
Hawk will be able to wield many different weapons such as throwing knives, sabers, axes, pistols or even exploding grenades. Hawk will increase his skills throughout the game. Gradually, Hawk will become a skilled fighter and Blackbeard himself will have a worthy adversary!
- Fast-paced and action-packed story filled with honour and betrayal, conspiracy and theft, violence and murder
- Intuitive, easy-to-learn gameplay – fun and rewarding!
- Breathtaking battles at sea, action-packed sword fights with unique special moves
- A multitude of special items and bonus weapons available for battles at sea and melee fights
- A host of different opponents and boss enemies
- High level of detail for ship models and crews, numerous different types of ships and ammunition
- Sophisticated damage model for ships
- Stunning 3D visuals - combat, characters, ships, water effects
- Tactical manoeuvring at sea between shoals and reefs
- Day and night cycle
- Ragdoll and physics implementation
- Resolution 1024 x 768 and higher, 7.1 surround sound, gamepad support
More articles about Tortuga: Two Treasures