With the entirely new direction of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ubisoft has reinvented the best-selling and highest rated espionage franchise. The revolutionary double agent concept immerses players in the world of international espionage more completely than ever, expanding the story and depth of Sam Fisher's character and evoking players' emotions by drawing them deeper into the gaming experience. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will push the limits of each platform based on its respective technological capabilities, taking advantage of a collaborative development effort between Ubisoft's award-winning development studios in Montreal, Shanghai and Annecy, France. Across all platforms, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will have the features that have defined the Splinter Cell franchise - amazing graphics, fluid animations, advanced artificial intelligence and open level design. Furthermore, each platform will feature exclusive content and offer a unique game play experience.
Veteran agent Sam Fisher is back. But he's never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating terrorist attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many criminals and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.
Ubisoft will develop special features for the PS3 version, adding multiplayer maps and skins, as well as support for the SIXAXIS wireless controller in single player and multiplayer modes. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will be a perfect fit for the PS3's raw power.
"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent is already a best-seller and has set a new standard for the Splinter Cell series," said Yves Guillemot, CEO at Ubisoft. "I am sure that Double Agent will prove to be a must-have title for PS3 system."
Key Features Include:
- NSA government agents and terrorists will each want you to accomplish opposing tasks at the same time.
- Use actual tactics employed by today's real-life double agents to sabotage the terrorists' plans.
- Your choices have an impact on how the story and game play unfolds.
- Missions from all over the world, from Asia to Africa to the heart of the US. Experience extreme situations: underwater or in a sandstorm, hiding behind the dust or smoke - and even skydiving.
- Master the latest weapons and gadgets used by NSA government agents in addition to black-market terrorist weapons.
- The critically acclaimed multiplayer action of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is back with entirely new innovations for each platform.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent for PS3 will be available in retail stores March 2007.
More articles about Splinter Cell Double Agent