Super Mario Bros. reigns as perhaps the best-known and most-played game on any video game system in history. More than 40.2 million copies of the game found their way into homes worldwide. In addition to Super Mario Bros., other top-notch offerings available on Dec. 25 include:
- Street Fighte II: The World Warrior (Super NES, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): This game revolutionized the fighting-game genre with characters that had unique fighting skills, speed, special moves and unique endings.
- Super Castlevania IV (Super NES, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): Simon Belmont uses his trusty whip to fight the powers of evil on his way to Dracula's Castle.
- Toe Jam & Earl (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Two fun-loving aliens crash on Earth and must find 10 pieces of their spaceship so they can get back home to Planet Funkotron.
- R-TYPE (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): This is a completely faithful port - right down to the character details - of the famous shooting-game masterpiece.
Games available on Jan. 1 include:
- Baseball (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Play nine innings of fierce sandlot competition with classic NES graphics.
- Urban Champion (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Don't let the big, bad bully of the neighborhood push you around! Players fight for the right to walk the street.
In just five weeks the library of classic games available through the Wii Shop Channel has grown to 33 titles.