In Trioncube, the player must embark on a journey across eight planets into the depths of space, as the captain of the mighty space ship Penko, to rescue the princess from the grasp of Hell Metal. Players reach this goal by creating a Trioncube a series of 3x3 blocks, which start a chain reaction that refuels the space ship. Try to create as big a chain as you can before time runs out and the Trioncube is broken. The bigger the chain you make, the farther distance your ship travels.
“Trioncube is building up to be a massive success,” said Yoshi Niki, Director of Localization at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., “With its addictive, challenging gameplay and unique visual style, Trioncube will provide gamers across North America with a heart pounding puzzle experience that they will not be able to put down”.
Featuring four gameplay modes (Arcade, Story, Endless and Vs) Trioncube will provide endless fun for even the most seasoned puzzler. Unlike your typical puzzler where players try to quickly erase as many blocks as possible, Trioncube will have players at the edge of their seats as they try to create the ultimate 3x3 chain in a new type of thrilling puzzle experience. As they progress through the game, players will have to use different strategies to deal with new shapes in order to create the ultimate chain. Players will be able to collect coins as they create the Trioncube chain and purchase various unique Effects and Arts - like sushi rolls, dogs and tambourines jumping out of the Trioncube as they travel the galaxy in their Penko.
- Test your skills: With 4 modes, there are endless challenges! Travel through 8 planets to defeat the Space Monster on Arcade Mode, tackle 45 missions to rescue the Princess, take the challenge to reach up to Dimension 99 and more!
- Challenge a friend: Invite a friend, or match up against Hell Metal to test your stacking skills! Can you fuel your ship faster than your mate?
- Customize your experience - With 50 effects and 10 screen Arts, the options are endless on how to create your very own look.
- Different shapes, different strategies: With 5 different shapes, strategize to create your ultimate chain without breaking the 3x3 stacks~
- Save up your coins: Accumulate coins through your games, and you can purchase new Effects and Arts – watch sushi rolls, dogs and tambourines pop out of your Trion Cube!
Trioncube is scheduled for release throughout North America in February 2007.