In Tycoon City: New York, players aim to become moguls by constructing and customizing hundreds of businesses anywhere and anyway they want in a bustling and realistic simulation of New York City. Players must create and improve their businesses to outclass the competition and become rich and famous in New York City.
New York City is recreated in highly detailed 3D and features such famous landmarks as the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and Times Square. Over two dozen in-game partners, including TIME Magazine, Toys'R'Us, Virgin Megastore, Staples, Olympus, Marquee, Nokia, Tag Heuer, and D'Agostino's, to name a few, lend the game added realism. As a result of the partnership with TIME Magazine, players that reach the top of their game will see their likeness promoted on virtual TIME Magazine billboards throughout the city.
In Tycoon City: New York, players start from humble beginnings as a budding entrepreneur and build a Manhattan empire by creating, upgrading, and customizing more than 100 types of major businesses based on the needs of real New Yorkers in the game. Some challenges include running a nightclub, owning a hot new restaurant, and opening a Broadway theater. High-profile industries, real-world brands, and a bustling round-the-clock lifestyle give every player the chance to make it. All of these challenges take place in authentic New York neighborhoods like the East Village, Chelsea and Greenwich Village.
- Over 50 Manhattan industry opportunities including:
- Running a nightclub
- Putting on a Central Park concert
- Owning the city’s hottest new restaurant
- Managing a Wall Street financial firm
- Creating cutting-edge fashion businesses
- Organizing the Macy’s Day Parade
- Build skyscrapers as part of your dream New York City skyline
- Upgrade businesses with hundreds of improvements — increase the beauty, capacity and appeal of storefronts to attract greater crowds and drive profits
- Create and customize original businesses with successful chain locations across the city
- Place buildings anywhere to create your own version of New York City
- View the reactions of thousands of NYC citizens, each with individual traits and tastes
- Erect the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building and other world-famous New York landmarks
- Develop the various Manhattan neighborhoods, each with its own authentic cultural flavor
Tycoon City: New York is being developed by Deep Red Games and will ship to retailers for the Windows platform on February 21, 2006 nationwide.
More articles about Tycoon City: New York