"Age of Empires has set the gold standard for real-time strategy games and its global audience continues to grow," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "We're extremely proud to bring this amazing franchise to the handheld audience."
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings boasts turn-based strategy gameplay -- a first for the franchise -- as players move from the Dark Ages through the Middle Ages with one goal in mind: domination of the known world.
Game Play Features:
- Command one of five different civilizations: the Britons, Franks, Mongols, Saracens, and Japanese.
- Take control of special ‘Hero’ units like Richard the Lionheart, Robin Hood, Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, and Saladin among others who command special ‘hero’ powers affecting the entire battlefield.
- Command over 45 different types of units from bowmen and monks to hand cannoneers, mercenaries and samurai.
- Turn-based combat, new to the Age of Empires franchise, keeps the battle moving at the player-preferred pace.
- Players construct & upgrade buildings like town centers, mines, universities and ‘wonders’ to help units learn new skills and create resources for their civilizations.
- Players research over 50 different technologies like chemistry, ballistics, siege craft and spying among others to take their civilization into the next age.
- Get help from the new Combat Advisor who provides advice on certain campaign strategies and an indication of how the battle will go.
- Multiplayer scenarios allowing up to 4 players to battle each other wirelessly.
- Gain Empire Points to unlock maps & units and improve Emperor Rank.
- Original music and sound effects from top-selling PC version.
- Based on Ensemble Studio’s PC mega-hit, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings was developed by Backbone Entertainment, a division of Foundation 9 Entertainment, and is available now for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
More articles about Age of Empires: The Age of Kings