Yuki has idolized the legendary pilot Schmidt since he was a young boy and has been trying to build his own ever since. Loving the freedom of flight, he dreams of one day leaving his small island and reaching the mainland.
In the woods not far away, Alfina rides alone on a horse-drawn carriage. She is a Communicator, one of the few who can speak with the Guardians, gods that protect the world. She is hurrying to a temple to take the place of her brother, Emelious. Resentment of his obligated duty as a Communicator has turned Emelious into a cruel and violent being filled with hate.
Fate will bring together Yuki and Alfina just as the world is about to fall apart.
- Romp through vibrant and colorful fantasy locales and natural environments
- Stunning cinematic sequences are animated by hand without the use of motion capture
- Scan surroundings to look for search points or treasure chests
- Ply the skies by plane to journey from one place to another
- Use your sword in the “random encounter free” field to destroy objects or stun enemies before attacking
- Seamless transition from field screen to battles with over-the-top animations
- Semi real-time battle system allows for fast paced action and strategizing with a Command Wheel breaks the RPG mold of typical command text windows
- Perform and link up Aerial Combo attacks for massive damage
- Multiple auto-battle settings for each character dictate fighting strategy, in addition, utilize the Strategy Advice System for tips during critical moments in battle
- Control conversation flow during special event scenes.
Grandia III is rated “T” for Teen, and is available at North American retailers for a suggested retail price of $49.99 (USD).
Additional information and impressions on Grandia III can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/games/grandia3/.
More articles about Grandia III