"With 'Warpath,' we wanted to get back to the essence of what a multiplayer FPS should be: fast action, great graphics, and most importantly, fun gameplay," said Jon Walsh, CEO, Groove Games. "'Warpath' lets you run faster, jump higher, and fly farther than any other FPS out there," continued Walsh. "We pushed the limits as far as we felt we could and feel that it really paid off."
"'WarPath' is a perfect fit for our strategy of delivering great games to the market at a price point everyone can enjoy," said Walsh. "Its high-quality, fun gameplay, unlimited replayability, and innovation offer up something that we feel will strongly appeal to the FPS audience."
Three distinct races have converged in a virtual Eden, in the outermost reaches of the galaxy, each with a unique reason for settling this new world. Conflict is inevitable, victory is not.
"WarPath" is a fast-paced FPS game featuring a unique single player mode that allows gamers to battle for control of different territories, with each providing distinct strategic advantages. Once players have honed their skills in the single player missions, they can jump online and let the real action begin.
- 3 different races to choose from, each with their own unique weapon load-out and appearance.
- 4 land-based vehicles
- 8 weapons, the Wolverine, Tyrant, Long Bow, Judge, Vanguard, Vibro Blade, and EMAC, allowing for a highly diversified range of play styles.
- Upgradeable weapons that unlock more functionality and greater destructive force with each new level.
- UNREAL engine and Karma physics technology providing stunning visuals and effects.
- In single player practice mode, gamers can go up against 32 bots for an adrenaline-filled multiplayer simulation.
- 4 Modes of high-speed, intensely addictive multiplayer action - Death Match, Team Death Match, Capture the Flag, and Frontline Assault.
- 25 Multiplayer levels that take players across the diverse indoor and outdoor environments of Kaladi
- Support for 2-16 players via LAN or Online, allowing battles to be intimate grudge matches, or all out clan carnage!
- Access to all the weapons and upgrades that players unlocked and mastered in the single player campaign.
"WarPath" will ship to North American retail stores in Spring 2006, carries an MSRP of US $29.99 on Xbox and US $19.99 on PC. For more information on the game visit www.groovegames.com
More articles about WarPath