"MechAssault: Phantom War fuses the best game play elements from the series with new features that take advantage of the unique mechanics of the Nintendo DS," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco Entertainment. "The touch screen lets players intuitively 'touch' the cockpit controls to hack into giant 'Mechs, eject pilots, switch weapons and check battle techniques."
Developed by Backbone Entertainment, a division of Foundation 9 Entertainment, MechAssault: Phantom War brings the future of interstellar combat to today's handheld gamers in a third-person futuristic shooter. Players assume the role of a MechWarrior, an elite fighter trained to control the ultimate war machine of the 32nd century ... the BattleMech. Gamers experience fast-action, 3D 'Mech combat on the top screen, while the lower touch screen positions them inside the cockpit at the controls.
Exciting MechAssault: Phantom War features include:
- Commandeer over 20 types of vehicles, including 'Mechs, Tanks, Turret and BattleArmor;
- Wreak havoc on the enemy and environment with an arsenal of powerful, fully upgradeable weapons;
- Brand new story drawn from the popular BattleTech series which spawned highly successful games like MechWarrior & MechCommander for the PC and MechAssault & Crimson Skies for the Xbox.
- Use the touch screen to sneak into enemy territory, hijack enemy 'Mechs and wield the most secret weapon in the Inner Sphere;
- Wireless multiplayer combat for up to four players simultaneously;
- Master 24 single player campaigns across four planets and three exciting multiplayer game types;
- Unlockable 'Mechs, maps and cheats enhance gameplay.
More articles about MechAssault: Phantom War